PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 not starting

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Default H3 not starting

So ever since before my battery died the second time on my '07 H3 it has sounded funny when it starts sometimes, but i never had it checked because ifi woulddrive all the way to Knoxville it wouldnt do it. Well, it wont even start now!!! Luckily i was at my moms house & not at Wall-mart or somewhere else. So now that were finally home & the HUMMER isnt here (roadside assistance is coming to get it from my momsin the morning & taking it to Knoxville) does anyone know what it could be???? Whenever you try to start it it sounds like your trying to start something thats already been started ( loud squealing noise). Thanks for any help!

Old 02-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Default RE: H3 not starting

Sounds like it could be a starter problem, teeth on bindex or on thr ring gear of flywheel. hope you get it back soon.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Bad starter, bad solenoid, both or out of align, missing or worn teeth on the starter, busted tooth/teeth off the flywheel? Lots of possible problems, all not a big deal? Just needs a fix.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:43 AM

Whats up Doc?

Not a big deal?

Having a new car or truck not starting or leaving you stranded is abig deal!

To fix the gears on the flywheel requires pulling the engine and or dropping out the drive train. I'm sure it will be covered under waranty but it is stil a hassle.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:12 PM

Got it back at 4:40 that day, it was the starter,& they told me that ihad the 1st H3 with starter problems[sm=happy046.gif].They gave me a 2008 H3 loaner while they were fixing it, & the best part wasi got to drive around in Knoxville for 4 hoursin a brand new 2008 H3.
The service dept. there is alot better than the sales were!!!!!!

Old 02-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Desert Dan

Whats up Doc?

Not a big deal?

Having a new car or truck not starting or leaving you stranded is abig deal!

To fix the gears on the flywheel requires pulling the engine and or dropping out the drive train. I'm sure it will be covered under waranty but it is stil a hassle.

NO, a big deal is like loosing a leg, couple fingers, being diagnosed with Cancer, loosing a family member.A vehicle that won't start ain't ****.You walk (god forbid) or call for a ride. Besides all the OnStar huggers can just call them.
I'm getting tired of people posting (BTW I did not interpret this as one of those....yet) that my truck won't start.....whine whine. My dealer tok two days to fix a transmission etc.. issue and gave me a loaner and now I'll just never be able to trust my truck again.......whine whine. How dare GM sell me a truck with four whole problems.....whine whine. It took 4 trips to the dealer to fix it at no cost to me.....whine whine.

Whining gets you nothing, not worth the breath it takes to do, and as all the mods here know..............I HATE WHINERS!!!!

The change a flywheel you do not have to pull the motor. You can get it from underneath between the trans and motor.