PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Alpha availability and costs plus other ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 04:56 PM
JNR
Default H3 Alpha availability and costs plus other ?'s

The H3 bug has bit me again. Before, back in '09 it was the H3T Alpha and came sooo close to getting one new. I see they have held their value quite well and now I seem to be priced out of them (on what I'd be willing to pay)...I did like the H3 Alpha then too, but not nearly as much. Recently I have been thinking about getting an H3 though, used of course.

It has to be Alpha (V8) and has to have the offroad package and prefer a sunroof, otherwise, not particular on options, other than color (don't want black)...so, my question is just how hard are these combos to find on the market right now?

And, what are people paying for them these days and are dealers pretty negotiable, since gas is still high and/or do they realize what they get in when they get them (as far as options/desirability, etc.)?

My only concern and what I'm really on the fence is do I go ahead and get an '08 that only has a rear locker and that pop out rearview camera screen (if equipped), or would it really be worth paying the extra and having an even harder time finding an '09 that has the front locker? I mean, would love to have it, but imagine there's something aftermarket or could adapt an oem setup down the road somehow...

Like I said, prefer an H3T, but the more I look at the H3, the more I kind of like them for owning one.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Banned

id go to carmax/others. see whats out there. youll find them on the web,nationwide search

Old 07-05-2011, 09:58 AM

Took me about two months to find what I wanted with the right options. Keep looking you'll find it. Found mine being sold by a dealer on eBay down in Columbus. Contacted them directly and worked it out.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:12 PM
JNR

thanks guys...I am really on the fence on this possible purchase and don't want to make the same mistake I did by trading my 06 GTO for an 05 WK Hemi. Not comparing the two (Jeep/Hummer), but I did miss the car back thenm as I was commuting a lot and just a long story about that Jeep (never buying a new chrysler I don't think; shame cause Jeep ZJ 5.9 was such a nice machine)...Anyway, lol...

So, I traded that Jeep for my CTS-V and it's been an awesome vehicle, but really getting the urge to check out the hummer again (I loved the H3T back in 09) and need to get out in the wilderness again.

Seems the Hummers are still $$, which is good, but does anybody ever wonder down the road, now the brand is gone? has it made any difference? not talking warranty, but just parts and such...

I may go look this weekend I hope. We'll see how it pans out...

Old 07-07-2011, 04:02 PM

If you are going to be doing hard core wheeling then hold out for the dual lockers. If your offroad driving will be a bit less intense, you will probably be fine with just the rear locker. But hey, keep your eyes out for what is on the market.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:42 PM
JNR

Yeah, I may just wait another year to look again, when the '09s are a little more available (lease returns) and less expensive...Pretty much gave up on an H3T though

There are several 2008 H3 Alphas at dealers right now, that are nicely optioned, but missing the offroad package. The one I was really thinking about sold and got a nice form letter from the dealer, even though we were talking about this. Hate dealers sometimes, lol. Just wasn't meant to be and not sure I want to spend $27k on one of these...I mean, I like them, but that is a lot of money, too, being I do like my V a lot too.

However, I did get to look at one up close and must say I do like them more than I thought I would. I was really looking into the H3T's and never looked at an H3 and think I could certainly live with one (vs. paying more for the truck). If something pops up in the next week or two I may consider, but probably just try not to think of this for another few months (but damn it would be nice )

Old 07-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Old 07-09-2011, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Khrome

Somebody missed the boat on the wright-up for this one. It's got a factory back-up camera and navigation radio, and neither is mentioned in the equipment list!

Old 07-10-2011, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by JNR
Yeah, I may just wait another year to look again, when the '09s are a little more available (lease returns) and less expensive...Pretty much gave up on an H3T though

)

Good luck on finding an 09 "lease return". To my knowledge GM/HUMMER was out of the leasing game in 09 and 10. 08s on a "lease return" of a 3 or 4 year is the only thing you will find in that catagory.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:02 AM

The championship edition has the V8 with front and rear lockers and underbody protection. Also does not have the horrible chrome and leather seats.

Quick Reply: H3 Alpha availability and costs plus other ?'s