Go Back   Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners > Hummer Lineup > Hummer H3
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3
Default H3 Alpha 4.5 Duramax diesel

Since GM is taking the new 4.5 Duramax to the H2 why O why don't they also put it in the H3 Alpha. They have already modified the engine compartment to take the small block and the new 4.5 is being developed to fit in the GM pickups that have a small block gas V8 now. Just makes sense to me. How about changing the 4.10 gears to a 3.85 and add the six speed 6L80 or 6L90. Then you still have the low end for climbing and about 28-30 mpg on the highway. Pretty much a slam dunk to me!!!! Anybody got any thoughts on this????
[8D]
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Hummerforums!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location:
Posts: 13,957
Default RE: H3 Alpha 4.5 Duramax diesel

Anything that makes sense will take the General a few years to come to grips with.
__________________
2006 Alpha open top
1998 H1 Open Top
1994 H1 HMC4
1992 H1 HMC4
2005 H2 SUT
2008 H3 Alpha
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-17-2007, 06:46 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location:
Posts: 169
Default RE: H3 Alpha 4.5 Duramax diesel

Quote:
ORIGINAL: bionichicken

Since GM is taking the new 4.5 Duramax to the H2 why O why don't they also put it in the H3 Alpha. They have already modified the engine compartment to take the small block and the new 4.5 is being developed to fit in the GM pickups that have a small block gas V8 now. Just makes sense to me. How about changing the 4.10 gears to a 3.85 and add the six speed 6L80 or 6L90. Then you still have the low end for climbing and about 28-30 mpg on the highway. Pretty much a slam dunk to me!!!! Anybody got any thoughts on this????
[8D]

If they would do this I would trade in a heart beat
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location:
Posts: 211
Default RE: H3 Alpha 4.5 Duramax diesel

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Anything that makes sense will take the General a few years to come to grips with.
Sad, but true. Funny, though.
__________________
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...AlphaSig-1.jpg
'08 H3 Alpha - Morrocco/Black, Offroad, Nav
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Doc Olds's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boat Town USA MI
Posts: 6,366
Default RE: H3 Alpha 4.5 Duramax diesel

28-30 mpg? It is still a brick, I don't think you would even come close to that. Good food for thought though.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location:
Posts: 151
Default RE: H3 Alpha 4.5 Duramax diesel

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 08h3alpha

Quote:
ORIGINAL: bionichicken

Since GM is taking the new 4.5 Duramax to the H2 why O why don't they also put it in the H3 Alpha. They have already modified the engine compartment to take the small block and the new 4.5 is being developed to fit in the GM pickups that have a small block gas V8 now. Just makes sense to me. How about changing the 4.10 gears to a 3.85 and add the six speed 6L80 or 6L90. Then you still have the low end for climbing and about 28-30 mpg on the highway. Pretty much a slam dunk to me!!!! Anybody got any thoughts on this????
[8D]

If they would do this I would trade in a heart beat

Me too
__________________
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...r/SV100842.jpg
His - 2007 H3X Loaded w/ Nav, Helo Maxx 18x9 & Nitto 33's
Hers - 2008 Lexus IS 350, Loaded w/ Nav

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location:
Posts: 777
Default RE: H3 Alpha 4.5 Duramax diesel

I too would trade in a heart beat!
__________________
.===_oooooo
l_T_T_[_____]_
[ l _H3[]OllllllO[]
()_)"'()_)*=*)_)

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Home of the Hummer
Posts: 921
Default RE: H3 Alpha 4.5 Duramax diesel

Not going to happen...fun to think about, though. Personally, I'd rather have the LS7 engine from the SEMA H3than the diesel.
__________________
-Brian

Have you joined the HummerGuy.net Facebook page?

HummerGuy.net
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location:
Posts: 312
Default RE: H3 Alpha 4.5 Duramax diesel

Diesel costs more than Gas, goingfrom5.3 to 4.5 seems to besmall in cubes unless they Turbo charge it then it might be worth it. I say bump up the I5 to 4.2 make it a turbo diesel.
__________________
H3 Black 2007.5
H3T BG Alpha 2009
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-24-2007, 05:00 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
Default RE: H3 Alpha 4.5 Duramax diesel

Ya i would totally agree about putting a diesel into my H3, Granted i have the I-5 and it does ok offroad in 4Lo but i could use some better milage myself. Good god man i had a v10 excursion before my h3 and i am gunna say that my h3 dosnt due nearly as well as the window sticker says it should.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:00 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
45, alpa, alpha, diesel, duramax, h3, h3t, hummer, mpg, put, sewell, speed, turbo, v8


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Our Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.

Internet Brands, Inc.