PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

General Motors Corp.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Default General Motors Corp.

Okay, so I shouldn't have been surprised. As most of you know already, my check engine light came on around 6,000 miles and I had to have that dreaded engine issue repair. So, General Motors assigns a Case Manager and after much "ta-do", they consent to reimburse me for the rental car for a pre-planned trip to Florida (haven't actually received that yet) and then offer me (instead of the extended warranty I asked for) a one time truck payment. After some discussion, they finally agree to give me the extended warranty. So, I believe, the case manager and I are on the same page...I'll have a warranty that picks up where my current one leaves off...

Here's the catch. I get the "infamous letter" in the mail yesterday and I read it thoroughly...the END date of the warranty is the SAME EXACT end date as the warranty I purchased at the dealer when I bought the vehicle.

Now, usually I am a pretty level headed chick. However, I lost it. I called the case manager's voice mail (she doesn't work until Tuesday) and left a short message telling her "what am I stupid?" Then, I called Hummer and had them document my entire "vent"..."How is THIS helping me?" I put up with a LOT of aggravation for a problem that I shouldn't have had to deal with - and we aren't just talking "cracked plastic" we are talking major engine work, and THEN, I can't take my BRAND SPANKIN NEW HUMMER down to Florida to show off to family I haven't seen in over FOUR years, and THEN, I get a letter that is bogus??? WTF ??

Anyway, I was fuming. (I am actually pretty calm now) But, really, the old saying is, "Nothing in life is free". So, here is my dilemma: I am wondering if I should just tell them to pay an "extra" truck payment for me and forgo the warranty (I may trade this beast in long before my current warranty expires anyway) or what???

What do you guys think?

I just think this is a lot of ca-ca for nothing. I felt more confident when GM seemed to truly understand the importance of restoring a customer's faith in the product.

H3gal

Old 04-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Default RE: General Motors Corp.

Once they fix it i heard it a done deal nothing to worry about maybe take the payment. But also depend how long you plan on keeping it. I keep my car about 4 years

Old 04-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Default RE: General Motors Corp.

If this happens to me (because I always seem to get the trucks with something wrong with them), I would take the truck payment. I myself am leasing for 3 years and I would still be under warranty if anything else happened. I wouldn't even worry about the extended warranty though if you are in a similar situation.