PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Pillar Covers for Hummer H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Red face Front Pillar Covers for Hummer H3

I have a 2006 Hummer H3. The two front pillars (if that is what you call them) have faded very badly. These are the two pillars (black) on each side of the front windshield.

Living in the harsh Florida sun, it has faded them to various shades of gray and they look just awful.

Previously, when I did a search, all I could find was chrome covers for the BACK pillars (which still look fine). My problem is on the front. The roof lights black plastic area has faded as well.

Are there chrome covers or black covers for this? If not, can these be removed and painted? If so, what kind of paint?

Anyone else experience this same issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Wynter

Old 04-07-2011, 01:02 AM

Try Mothers -Back to Black, stuff works pretty good on trim.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:38 AM

There are also some stainless covers what you can stick over...

But I cannot tell you anything about the quality...I could still not find any close up photos.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:36 AM

Talusfan, does Mothers Back to Black run at all when it rains? I had one guy tell me something about putting black stuff on there but that it might run. My H3 is yellow, so I don't want black stuff running down on the paint. I don't know what product he was talking about though, so it may not have been Mothers Back to Black. Please advise and thank you for the advice!!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:36 AM

[QUOTE=Ghost Rider;247762]I have a 2006 Hummer H3. The two front pillars (if that is what you call them)

They are called "A" pillars in the industry

Old 04-07-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
Talusfan, does Mothers Back to Black run at all when it rains? I had one guy tell me something about putting black stuff on there but that it might run. My H3 is yellow, so I don't want black stuff running down on the paint. I don't know what product he was talking about though, so it may not have been Mothers Back to Black. Please advise and thank you for the advice!!
There's another product called 'Forever Black'. I use it on the body side molding of my Corvette. Applied it about 5 years ago, and it still looks good....no runs, drips, errors

Old 04-07-2011, 08:33 AM

[quote=wfturner;247782]
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
I have a 2006 Hummer H3. The two front pillars (if that is what you call them)

They are called "A" pillars in the industry
Actually they are called outer moldings right or left. I use Back to Black about once a month. It doesn't run when it rains, but I have noticed that it spots if you do not dry the area off after washing, but re-applying more solves that issue

Last edited by airborne227; 04-07-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:37 AM

You can either get new pillars on ebay for around 50$ each or try and paint them.

Your best bet is to find a plastic paint but with any paint, if you prime it,clear coat it and take your time you can make them look almost stock.

To remove them is simple just pull the weather stripping off the door jam on top and down the length of it to the front and you will see (2) screws to remove it and it just pulls straight out.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by HummerWorks
You can either get new pillars on ebay for around 50$ each or try and paint them.

Your best bet is to find a plastic paint but with any paint, if you prime it,clear coat it and take your time you can make them look almost stock.

To remove them is simple just pull the weather stripping off the door jam on top and down the length of it to the front and you will see (2) screws to remove it and it just pulls straight out.
You are going to want to remove your "HUMMER Bumps" first. The two fake breathers on either side of the windshield. Then follow this process.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Banned

overkill,,spend some time,rub it in good,wipe it good. use fresh cloth section. do it about 3 times.it works great.if u want to do a "rain check",,spray it with a hose mist!!just like rain

Quick Reply: Front Pillar Covers for Hummer H3