PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

First time in deep snow!

Old 03-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Default First time in deep snow!

We've got a mild Nor' Easter here in the North East with snow and sleetand it's the first time that we've driven the H3 in the deeper stuff (about 8" now). As far as handling, stopping,and overall safety is concerned, excellent!

On the negative side, the tires kick up a lot of dirty snow that collects under the door handles and on top of the rear fender flares. Anyone know if the GM mudflaps will help this situation or is it just an H3 thing?

Old 03-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Default RE: First time in deep snow!

i have a blast driving mine in the snow. it handles very well. i had the same problem with snow and slush thrown all over my new ride. you have to get the nice molded mudflaps, they help a ton. you can get them through any gm dealer.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:13 PM

need front mud flaps !!!

Old 03-16-2007, 08:41 PM

DO NOT BUY FROM THE STEALERSHIP! Ebay has alot. I got mine for $76 shipped and they are OEM GM. It does make a huge difference.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:44 PM

I do agree..it does handle great in the snow..came home from work today/put it in 4 wheel drive..didn't slide at all..it was awesome..thats alot coming from me because I hate driving in the snow.....I have Husky front and back mudflaps and they help alot.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:32 AM

I got the molded mud flaps and I went to a local mechanic and he ordered them straight from Hummer and he only charged me what he paid for them which was 65$....

Old 03-17-2007, 02:14 AM

You're absolutely right... I usually hate the snow, but this time, was just looking forward to taking out the new hummer! And all I can say is: "amazing". It was as if the snow wasn't there at all... although I must say, there seems to be quite a bit of animosity towards the car? Had more nasty glares from people than I ever did in any of our previous cars!

Old 03-17-2007, 02:24 AM

ORIGINAL: bobopotato

You're absolutely right... I usually hate the snow, but this time, was just looking forward to taking out the new hummer! And all I can say is: "amazing". It was as if the snow wasn't there at all... although I must say, there seems to be quite a bit of animosity towards the car? Had more nasty glares from people than I ever did in any of our previous cars!
i think i know why........... if you could see yourself driving with a big ****eating grin all the time, people looking at you would think you were laughing at them not the actual reason you were laughing.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: azz7772

ORIGINAL: bobopotato

i think i know why........... if you could see yourself driving with a big ****eating grin all the time, people looking at you would think you were laughing at them not the actual reason you were laughing.
Yeah, i love driving in the snow, can't wait to take it out! as for the people, they are all just jealous because their "4x4's" are nothing more than a vehicle with 4x4 badge on the side! (notice how our Hummers do not need to put a 4x4 badge on it anywhere....tehehehe)

Old 03-17-2007, 01:32 PM

We got alot of rain/freezing rain here in Maryland yesterday(Fri.) . There was one road where the stream was overflowing over the road. I plowed threw it hard. The water came as high as the windows. So freakin cool. No resistance at all! Other car/trucks slowed to a crawl when they went through. I did have one big grin on! Yeah I am cool!LOL!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First time in deep snow!