PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Having and Issue Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Default Having and Issue Need Help

Ok, so I got a new K & N Cool Air Intake installed in my H3. The first two days it was running great. I took it into the hummer dealership because prior to getting the intake installed, there was a rattle in the driver side door. When I went back to pick the car up, they said they tightened the clamps on the air filter because they heard a rattle there. It doesnt make sense for them to fix a rattle with an air filter that wasnt on when the problem started but oh well.

Ok, so I pick the H3 up, drove it home. As im driving, just cruising is fine, but when I accelerate up a hill it just has absolutely NO power at all. I have no idea whats wrong and i have a feeling that when it was at the hummer dealership they knocked off a connection, but they claim they only did that one simple repair.

Do you guys have any idea why the h3 would just have no power when accelerating? Could it be the electronics confused because of the new amount of air from the intake? Or could it be a problem with a connector being knocked off?

Thanks for the help

Old 06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Default RE: Having and Issue Need Help

ORIGINAL: moviscop

Ok, so I got a new K & N Cool Air Intake installed in my H3. The first two days it was running great. I took it into the hummer dealership because prior to getting the intake installed, there was a rattle in the driver side door. When I went back to pick the car up, they said they tightened the clamps on the air filter because they heard a rattle there. It doesnt make sense for them to fix a rattle with an air filter that wasnt on when the problem started but oh well.

Ok, so I pick the H3 up, drove it home. As im driving, just cruising is fine, but when I accelerate up a hill it just has absolutely NO power at all. I have no idea whats wrong and i have a feeling that when it was at the hummer dealership they knocked off a connection, but they claim they only did that one simple repair.

Do you guys have any idea why the h3 would just have no power when accelerating? Could it be the electronics confused because of the new amount of air from the intake? Or could it be a problem with a connector being knocked off?

Thanks for the help
Is it only when you were going up the hill that you noticed the loss of power? Yours is an '07, right?

Old 06-15-2007, 04:02 PM

I have an 06' and it is most evident when going uphill, but when i accelerate on regular streets (or as i pull from a cruise speed) it just doesnt have any power at all, it just has no juice for the acceleration.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: moviscop

I have an 06' and it is most evident when going uphill, but when i accelerate on regular streets (or as i pull from a cruise speed) it just doesn't have any power at all, it just has no juice for the acceleration.
It does seem awfully coincidental that you notice the loss of power just after leaving the dealership, so it is possible they messed up. The '06 models have a head issue that results in loss of power as you describe, but it is usually (not always) accompanied by an engine code. There are many threads here discussing this problem as it affects a certain VIN range. There are many other things that could cause this, but it sounds as if it is best to let the dealer look at it again.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:40 PM

awesome, thanks for the info