PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the H3 have a gradient-hill feature on the auto trans?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Default Does the H3 have a gradient-hill feature on the auto trans?

Does the H3 have a gradient-hill feature on the auto trans?

In other words, should I be able to not have it roll back on a hill while I am in drive?

Mine rolls and I want to know for sure if that automatic is supposed to hold a hill.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:35 AM

The 2009-2010 have a "HSA" feature.

Hill Start Assist (HSA)
This vehicle has a Hill Start Assist (HSA) feature, which may be useful when the vehicle is stopped on a grade. This feature is designed to prevent the vehicle from rolling, either forward or rearward, during vehicle drive off. After the vehicle is stopped on an incline, quickly push the brake pedal to the floor to activate Hill Start Assist.

When the system activates, a chime will sound and the HSA ON message will be displayed. The brakes will automatically be held for a maximum of two seconds while the driver switches from applying the brakes to pushing
the accelerator pedal. When Hill Start Assist is active, the driver might experience a “hard brake pedal.” This is normal and does not affect safe brake operation. After activation, the system will automatically disengage when the accelerator pedal is pressed. Do not turn off the ignition while this
feature is active. The Hill Start Assist feature may not disengage fully if the ignition is turned off. The system will not activate with the transmission in P (Park), when traveling down a steep grade in a drive gear, or if the vehicle is facing uphill with the transmission in R (Reverse).

Old 10-21-2014, 09:41 AM

Glad someone brought this up. I have never been able to get mine to activate on my 2010 Alpha Offroad. I have followed the directions and tried numerous times and could never get it to come on. I stopped trying because I was afraid of damaging the master cylinder jamming the pedal to the floor. Has anyone here tried it and got it to work?