PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Didn't do so good.....Big time bummer..

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Default Didn't do so good.....Big time bummer..

I drove over an hour each way to basically get it broke off in my ****....I made clear when I walked into the building credit is in place I just need some decent numbers...They hit me with "lets see what our guy can do"..I gave them a chance because I wanted the 0% deal, big mistake..I made it clear also the trade in is the key and before we go any farther I need that number, after a delay guess what was put in front of me....A payment plan !! "What payments I have agreed to nothing, there can be no payments because we have no deal in place"..It was like talking to a wall, she proceeded to explain all the plans they worked out..

Finally I cut her off and asked again for the trade in allowance, which she finally gave up...It was so low it was an insult, I snatched my keys and bailed...Not 10 minutes into the ride home guess who called, I just let it go to voicemail..

Also, allthey did on the H3 was GM rebates only nothing more that I could tell.........Not sure where things will go now, I'll just keep looking I guess..Basically it was wasted gas and time.....[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 09-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Default RE: Didn't do so good.....Big time bummer..

Mike,

You REALLY need to go to Edmunds.com and read their article about "How to buy a new car" It saved me literally thousands of dollars.
Point #2, Dealers will steal you blind with a trade in. Sell it outright and take the cash with you as a down payment.
Do your homework, cool your jets for a week and go back with heavy armor to make your point. Once they see you can't be played they'll bargain.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:16 PM

Yeah, I thought by being pre-approved I was doing myself a favor.....Guess I dropped the ball...
Selling the truck could be tough, I'm in a small city and are not a big fan of e-bay as another option..

I'll check out Edmunds, Thanks......Mike

Old 09-06-2007, 04:45 PM

Selling your truck yourself is not the easiest either, the market sucks for sellers ( even in a big city ). I sold my 02 avalanche a couple years ago to get my H3, the market was so bad I ended up taking a $4000 loss just to get rid of it, and that was still more than the dealer offered me. The truck had low miles, nice wheels, and was spotless...o well[&:]

Old 09-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Search the net.... I bought mine out of state... I had a no BS dealer and was 100% pleased. I also made an appointment. I didn't just get the first vulture looking to move a ride.... I felt the difference.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:15 PM

Hey, at least you walked away! They count on people being blindsided and just saying ok. If you overpay that will always hang over you. Dealers count on the easy targets to make the big commissions. [/align]

Old 09-06-2007, 06:33 PM

I just read the entire Edmunds article, I'll be doing a whole lot more research.......

Old 09-06-2007, 06:57 PM

Good for you! You'll find one

Old 09-06-2007, 07:09 PM

Try going to another dealer.When I bought mineKnoxville didn't want to help me so a few weeks later we went to the next closest dealer in Greer SC. and that was the bestcar buyingexpierence I ever had!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: hummer

Try going to another dealer.When I bought mineKnoxville didn't want to help me so a few weeks later we went to the next closest dealer in Greer SC. and that was the bestcar buyingexpierence I ever had!!!
Next closest looks about 2hrs each way, now I think we will play the internet game !!

Quick Reply: Didn't do so good.....Big time bummer..