PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing Brakes Using stock Lift Jack

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 02:45 PM

I would NEVER lift my rig with the oe jack...

Doc, you don't need a low profile jack for the H3. lol

This is the set I own (19.25" / 6,000lb LIFT) and works great (right now on sale for $99):

Sears.com

Description Item # 00950188000P Model # 50188
Three-Ton Jack, Jack Stands And Creeper Set For Ultimate In Auto Access

The Craftsman Three-Ton Jack, Jack Stands And Creeper Set will set you up for auto repairs just like the pros. There are few tasks you will not be able to perform with the heavy duty three-ton jack, jack stands and creeper from Craftsman and Sears. If you have ever crawled and squirmed along the gravely road to try and get into a dark, tight spot under the hood, you will appreciate what a great jack, stand and creeper set can do for you. Get out of the dirt, and get into the oil pan with ease.

Three-Ton Jack, Jack Stands And Creeper Set gives you the ability to provide safe auto service in your own home. The heavy duty, welded construction of this stable three-ton jack offers 6,000 pounds of pure lifting power. The generously sized, easy rolling creeper is 36 inches long for excellent stability as you slip back to follow that leaky brake line. The built-in headrest on the creeper offers a welcome bit of comfort on the bigger jobs. The jack provides up to 19.25 inches clearance, a great amount of space for ease of repair.

Craftsman Three-Ton Jack, Jack Stands And Creeper Set comes with everything you need to do many repairs yourself in your own home
6,000-pound hydraulic lift capacity makes this jack a powerful workhorse for cars, trucks, minivans, SUVs, trailers and more
The sturdy, stable twin jack stands give you plenty of peace of mind as you work under that auto
The 36-inch creeper with smooth rolling casters has a built in head rest for added comfort
The jack's lifting range is from 5.5 to 19.25 inches, which is plenty of clearance for most of your needs
The set offers easy assembly and storage
One-year full warranty

Last edited by hummerz; 10-30-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Raffi76
So I never actually did this myself as I was missing too many tools. I am getting ready to buy a floor jack now to do the job but based on many reviews I am not sure which can actually lift my car of the ground. Can someone point to a jack that would work? I was still thinking to use the jack that came with the truck but I noticed its missing the handle that you use to crank it up..... I might need to go down to the dealer to ask about this.
Without being harsh but if you do not have the basic mechanical knowledge of being able to select a jack to buy for your vehicle, rebuilding your own brakes is probably not a task you should be undertaking.