PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Brand new 2009 H3. Headunit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Exclamation Brand new 2009 H3. Headunit?

hi, all:

i just got my 09 H3(base) 3 days ago. do u guys think it's ok to install a headunit at this time. i m trying to get a Kenwood DNX8120. is there an issue such as "too new to replace any electronic". show me the light pls.

another worry is Gobi rear ladder(Pic 1). will there be any spaces left for tire cover(Pic 2). thanx all!

Old 03-18-2009, 04:06 PM

i have the gobi ladder on my 06 h3 but i went with the soft tire cover with reflective logo also i have heard some have a issue with it cause there spare tire is to big i run 275/60/r20 as for the head unit thing i never heard of something being to new to replace in fact maybe pulling exactly when u get home and did not use it maybe can fetch alittle more money in resale but there are people that will say once u drove it off the lot its not new its now used.but good luck and if u swap head units and u have onstar u will need a harness to retain factory door chimes and on star.think they sell for $200 but shop arround also u will need a new antenna adapter for the new head unit.can get pricey but most agree worth it for all the axtra features u get out of a after market unit

Attached Thumbnails Brand new 2009  H3. Headunit?-dscf0427.jpg  

Last edited by lucky19942001; 03-18-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 03-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Default thx!!

thx so much dude! the headunit/adapter part is exactly what i heard from geek squad last night and it's just so good to get confirmation here. i already ordered everything except tire cover. i'll see what i can do after installing the ladder. appreciate it!!

Originally Posted by lucky19942001
i have the gobi ladder on my 06 h3 but i went with the soft tire cover with reflective logo also i have heard some have a issue with it cause there spare tire is to big i run 275/60/r20 as for the head unit thing i never heard of something being to new to replace in fact maybe pulling exactly when u get home and did not use it maybe can fetch alittle more money in resale but there are people that will say once u drove it off the lot its not new its now used.but good luck and if u swap head units and u have onstar u will need a harness to retain factory door chimes and on star.think they sell for $200 but shop arround also u will need a new antenna adapter for the new head unit.can get pricey but most agree worth it for all the axtra features u get out of a after market unit

Old 03-25-2009, 09:26 AM

Just got my dnx8120 installed yesterday. Still learning how to use it. So far I love it. Sounds much better that the factory head unit. More power. backup camera, gps, bluetooth & much more.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Banned

It looks elegant.

In fact The thing goes with it.You have agreat choice.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:25 PM

I agree with your order of purchase. I think I like the ladder better than that cover. The flexible side/hard center covers are nice.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:19 AM

thanx for the inputs! i've done some installation over the weekend. brush guard, steps, roof rack, rear ladder, tail light guard all by myself, well, actually my friend helped me raising the roof rack. here are some pix:

last week:

this week:

Old 03-31-2009, 09:27 AM

now i got IPF lights and snorkel shipped in but really hesitated when i saw the holes that's gotta be drilled on fender and A-piller. i dont know if i should just return the snorkel or not. does it really help alot on air intakes