PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Brake noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Default RE: Brake noise

Yep! I've got that squish sound when I step on the brake. I haven't bothered to ask about it...really doesn't bother me. I usually drive with the radio on anyway.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: wiseguy13

The only other way I can explain the nosie is it sounds like and old man gasping for air. When you initially step on the brake it makes this "squish" sound. To me it sounds like stepping down with wet shoes, that' s the noise it makes. It does it everytime you step on the brake whether you're parked or moving. It's definitely noticeable and can be heard pretty clearly. Again just wondering if anyone else had this problem and/or if it was corrected.
I'm gonna ask the obvious "Your shoes aren't wet are they?"

Old 03-04-2007, 12:00 AM

Damn! that's what it was all along.. Problem solved...Actually the first time I took it in I got the feeling that it was a defective brake booster (or whatever it is they call it) and they knew it was a problem. The lead guy told me to take it back if it got worse. Well it has and now the tune has changed from a problem to a "characteristic" go figure.. Eventually I will get them to fix itby continuing to bring it in for the same problem..If you don't treat a rash it just spreads........

Old 03-04-2007, 12:16 AM

You should get NO Squish sounds when depressing the brakes..period..if you're told it is normal that is BS!!

You either have air in the system or the diaphram in the vacuum booster is making the noise..it may mean nothing is wrong other than it makes noise and that part of it, I can tell you is not normal.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:47 AM

Tell them that you would like that in writing, thenwhen you have an accident they can foot the bill.

Damn! that's what it was all along.. Problem solved...Actually the first time I took it in I got the feeling that it was a defective brake booster (or whatever it is they call it) and they knew it was a problem. The lead guy told me to take it back if it got worse. Well it has and now the tune has changed from a problem to a "characteristic" go figure.. Eventually I will get them to fix itby continuing to bring it in for the same problem..If you don't treat a rash it just spreads........

Old 03-04-2007, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr H3x

Tell them that you would like that in writing, thenwhen you have an accident they can foot the bill.
That's a good idea. Even though what Dennis says is more than likely true,this annoyance should not be there. Maybe if they are forced to put their reputation on the line bysigning a letter saying "it's fine",evena little shred of doubt might make them just replace the cylinder/diaghram/whatever just toprevent any risk of liability!

Old 03-04-2007, 10:17 PM

Believe it or not, they did put it in writing on the work order.. It says" truck characteristic".. Go figure. My brother-in-law has onas well 06' and his doesn't make the noise..

Old 03-04-2007, 11:23 PM

Believe it or not, they did put it in writing on the work order.. It says" truck characteristic".. Go figure. My brother-in-law has onas well 06' and his doesn't make the noise..
Phone GM customer service direct and fax them a copy of the WO, and make GM "admit" as well that this is a "characteristic" of the Hummer. Tell them you know many other Hummer owners who would disagree! Me for one![:@]

Old 03-04-2007, 11:32 PM

x3