PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Brake noise

Old 03-03-2007, 02:25 AM
Default Brake noise

Wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing when braking. This started around 500 miles when stepping on the brake it sounds like someone is stepping down with wet shoes.(noticeably loud and annoying). Took it to the dealer and given one of those stupid lines "its a characteristic of the truck". Drove another hummer w/ 25k miles and don't hear it. Anyone have this problem? Anything done about it? Thanks

Wondering if anyone is experiencing a sound like "wet shoes" when stepping on the brakes. This has been happening since the truck hit 500 miles (currently has 6000). Dealer gave me some stupid line about "a characteristic of the truck". Sound is very loud and annoying. Anyone else experiencing this and was anything done to correct it? Thanks

Old 03-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Default RE: Brake noise

You have a glaze build up on either the Pads or the rotors or both..The dealer shouldhav cleaned them up for you since you only had 500 miles on it....But go out and do some power braking for about 10 stops and don't let the wheels stand still for longer than a few seconds since they at hot..Drive around without braking for a few miles till they cool off..this should burn the glaze off.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:36 AM

Thanks for that. The only thing is the noise is on the inside of the truck, down near the brake pedal.Sound is definitely coming from the black boot/bushing thing against the firewall. Dealer told me something about a barometric pressure sensor. I didn't know these trucks could predict the weather! Definitely comes from this spot and is very loud.. The radio needs to be up in order to drown it out. Have tried twice to get them to replace this or fix it or something but keep getting the same line..

Old 03-03-2007, 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: wiseguy13

Dealer gave me some stupid line about "a characteristic of the truck".
I have no noise coming from braking...

Old 03-03-2007, 02:10 PM

No noise here either. I'd call it BS lol...

Old 03-03-2007, 02:31 PM

No noise on mine braking. If it's so noticable on yours, and the dealer says it's a characteristic of the truck, make him show you another one with the same problem!

Old 03-03-2007, 02:47 PM

I think I have the same problem. I have a "wet noise" coming from by break pedal since day one (4000 miles ago). I have visually checked the entire system and no signs of leaks or loss of fluid. It hasn't gotten worse and breaking remains solid. It's not even really hearing it, it's almost feeling it when you push down initially on the break. As soon as push even slightly hard on it disappears. Definitely only happens with the first 1/4' of push.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:01 PM

had brake noise, dealer said that small stones caught in grooves in brakes cleaned and took glase off brakes. i asked him what is going to stop this from happing in future, no answer

Old 03-03-2007, 03:03 PM

I am confused but only I don't know whatr wet shoes feel like or sound like...there has to be a better discript...

Old 03-03-2007, 11:07 PM

The only other way I can explain the nosie is it sounds like and old man gasping for air. When you initially step on the brake it makes this "squish" sound. To me it sounds like stepping down with wet shoes, that' s the noise it makes. It does it everytime you step on the brake whether you're parked or moving. It's definitely noticeable and can be heard pretty clearly. Again just wondering if anyone else had this problem and/or if it was corrected.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake noise