PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blown motor after valvoline oil change

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gomer
Lol here's what really happened. By the way have you actually seen the hummer since she "told" you all this?? Since you said she turned into a nasty person she probably got tired of you asking about the hummer and sold it behind your back then told ya the oil story and will soon tell you it's toast and can not be fixed. She's keeping the money from the sale so she does not have to give ya half. This is all speculation of course and I hope I'm not right. Good. Luck either way.
Id believe that but wouldn't the lien holder on the title Have to sign off on it, or the person with possession of the title? Either way I don't trust her taking away a man-toy
then ruining it. That's Sadism

Old 01-23-2015, 12:59 AM

Thanks guys. I have seen it. she has stopped over a couple times in the last several months driving it, so I do know that she still has it.

I believe honestly that she didn't keep up on the maintenance. I showed her how to check the oil and how to reset it after the oil was changed if whoever was changing the oil didn't know. but I don't think she kept up on it to be honest. but that's just my opinion. She called me today and valvoline says that they are assuming no responsibility with this. So, she's going to either have to get it rebuilt or buy a used motor.

I agree, it's not my responsibility anymore. and I'm not fixing it whatsoever. I told her that the oil light would have come on if it was low on oil, but she say there were no warning lights. She said she left work and a block down the road it started to shake violently and then it just made a bad noise and shut off. That's all she said.

The garage she took it to said there was only maybe a quart of oil in it. It doesn't really make sense to me. but my hands are washed of it.

I would buy it back if I could but I'm still not at the point where I can afford one yet. I'm working on taking my real estate classes, and hoping to get in with a company here this summer. So things are looking up finally. and I WILL have another hummer someday. hopefully it will be sooner than later. I'll be back here full time again at that point. and I can't wait.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I don't know if I'll hear anything else from her about it or not, but if she does call me with anymore info I'll post it here. Thanks again, George

Old 01-25-2015, 12:25 PM

Lesson learned.... girls should only be allowed to play with a man's toy
not have one of their own.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:34 PM

Interesting in a sad similar sort of way. I so don't trust, hoping for, depending on, any supposed warning by the dummy lights! Just this last Thursday my best friends husband was driving her '08 H3, 120K miles, home, up a rather steep grade, suddenly god awful noise like rod going through side of a cylinder. Up until that point, all was normal, no warning lights or sounds at all! Afterward as he limped to shoulder of the highway, both the check engine and oil lights are on! Forced it the last 1/2 mile home, Called us that night I could hear the torture of the unit through the telephone! He goes and buys oil - Pours 3 quarts into the unit! 3 whole quarts! No oil on the ground, It did not smoke! She parks in garage every night Not a hint of a single drop of oil ever! And never had the oil light come on! Today my husband drained out all the oil and sadly at first glance there is fine metal and copper in the oil :-( Tomorrow he's going to pull the whole pan and see what he can see . . . But not very hopeful. He's always done 100% of of our vehicle maintenance, and most of our repairs and rebuilds (except when our '07 dropped a valve keeper under warranty and totally shelled our engine at 70K miles which also never had any warning lights light up aka dummy lights, never to be trusted) Our friend has had all her service done in same walk in department store shop that makes my husband cringe since she bought it new, last service was 4 months ago and very few miles. I have to wonder if they screwed up and didn't fill it? Granted it should still have been at least checked a bit more often but I ask - where was for-warning light on this one on this one also? Come on 3 quarts low and no light!!