PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Best Battery Terminals for my H3?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by omarluna2
Can some one tell me if this is the original battery terminal? Just want to make sure.
Yes . . .

Old 06-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

and.... Yes, those would be the early version (06/07) of the Hunks O Crap we've been talkin bout.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
and.... Yes, those would be the early version (06/07) of the Hunks O Crap we've been talkin bout.
could you please post a picture of original 2009 terminals ? mine actually looks the same as his picture just wanted to make sure i am away from my car

Old 06-06-2014, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by a7m1
could you please post a picture of original 2009 terminals ? mine actually looks the same as his picture just wanted to make sure i am away from my car
Chop them and forget about them.

Terminal corrosion starts with an unsealed connection,resulting into a weak connection, which causes electrical issues! There is a way to seal the connections:

Old 06-06-2014, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Chop them and forget about them.

Terminal corrosion starts with an unsealed connection,resulting into a weak connection, which causes electrical issues! There is a way to seal the connections:

thanks hummerz,
not to distrubt the op thread but here's my small question

my battety died on me "either it was good but terminals were not tight)
or terminal were not tight while car was running b4 it died after parking over night so the alternator could'nt charge the battery due to high resistence at the terminal end

i have replaced the battery and the shop got the old battery

my issue is with the positive side terminal it's lose the system they use to tight them up is useless
i just won't strip the screws, but tried to tight them upas far as i would go safely and they seem littl better but still lose. but now they charge and run fine

i'll get to replace them later hopefully

and how to seal the connection? right now i got no major corrosion just a bit that can be scraped off

thanks again

Old 06-07-2014, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
best ive seen, i have brass like these.
you can cut part of the old ones with tin snips , drill a hole and bolt them on to these, ugly but solid!!
i would NEVER cut the original crimp off. its the best connection the h3 will ever have. cut the metal if you must and drill a hole for a bolt like in the pictures. i never put anything under the hood based on prettyness and cutness, gold plating,etc!!

pics stayed with earlier post, look and read what bunger said

Old 02-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Default H3 '06 Battery Terminals

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
You betcha!

There are many other good brands as well, just look around a bit.
From "Car54" ... Ref: Hummer ’06, H3 - Thanks for all the help from everyone, Doc Olds/HummerZ and all. Battery drained for some unknown reason (guessing by the remarks on the “POS” terminals the rig comes with, replacing the terminals with a better grade is the best fix) then we had a dead door lock/window malfunction on driver’s side. Went to the battery terminals (original factory terminals) and disconnected both negative/positive, cleaned both posts even though there wasn’t any corrosion, waited 5 minutes and put them back on securely, everything was working again.

We bought new battery terminals and installed them. I probably messed up when I bought Marine battery terminals without the proper entry for the cables (I’m not a mechanic or even close, so my terminology may lack precise reference). Purchased copper rings and crimped the cables down, then fastened the cables onto the wing nut already at the back of the Marine terminal connectors. Seemed to be a solid fix until starting up the H3 and again, the window and lock on the driver’s side failed to initiate. We disconnected the terminals, left them off for an hour, replaced them tight and snug, nope, didn’t work.

After reading further on the forum, we took the recommendation from the best senior advisors and bought the Stinger SPT53302 PRO Classic Outputs Shoc-Krome Battery Terminal, and really appreciate the image showing the actual terminal connections in place. We are waiting for Amazon to deliver, probably a week. Will take the Marine terminals off and replace with the Stingers above. If the driver’s door and window again, does not function we will remove the terminal connections and wait, and then refasten securely. We won’t know what’s what until the Stingers get here. Another thing we plan on doing is testing the battery for how stable it is. Will put a meter to it once the new terminals are installed.

I will repost with an update and throw questions out there in case it isn’t working. And if it is a fix I will send along more appreciation to you guys. Thanks again Doc Olds/HummerZ. - Cate

Old 02-04-2016, 06:53 PM

Here's mine; Raptor brand, purchased from AutoZone, about $12 apiece.

Name:  IMG_20151121_103150000_HDR.jpg
Views: 8321
Size:  291.4 KB

Old 11-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Exclamation Gauge size on negative terminal?

Hi there, anyone know the gauge size on the negative battery terminal wires on the '06 H3? Have to replace the terminal and after cutting the old terminal off (and having an issue with the wire strippers ) my wires are now too short. Looks to be a thinner one and thicker one.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 11-24-2016, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Measure the thickness of the wire, then Google a battery wire gauge chart....

https://powerwerx.com/help/wire-gaug...eference-table

Quick Reply: Best Battery Terminals for my H3?