PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Battery issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Default Battery issues

The last two mornings, I have had to jump start my 2007 H3 (purchased at the end of September). Has anyone else had battery issues? I am able to jump start it and it runs normal after that. The problem only seems to be once it has been sitting in the garage all night. I called OnStar and they suggested taking it in to the dealer to have it checked.

Thanks,

Hoss

Old 12-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Default RE: Battery issues

YES!! Just about eceryone on here has had battery issues. Alot of the guys on here are replacing them with a battery from Pep Boys. I can't think of the exact name, but someone else will I'm sure. But yes many many problems with batteries.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:50 PM

Take it to the dealer, put that warranty to work.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:05 PM

My battery died as well. I would jump start it and everything would work fine. 2 days later, dead again. I replaced it with a Die Hard from K mart. It was about $70.00. Given that my dealership is over an hour away, the $70 was alot less than the hassle.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:05 PM

Had the same problemf rom the day I picked up my 2006 in July. The dealer had to jump start it and said it was because it was sitting on the lot. Unfortunately due to jump starting the vehicle everytime it was parked, this through off the PCM including the ON-Star module. The truck ran like crap even after getting a new battery through the dealer the next day as well as making On-Star not function properly. Nothing improved until the Service Manager came to my office with his diagostic tool and reset everything in the vehicle. Since that point eveything has been great.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:00 PM

Next question... I have a 500 watt amp and two subs hooked up... I don't think these will make a difference since I had them installed a week after driving it off the lot. My question is... Should I disconnect all this stuff before taking it back to the dealer?

Has anyone else attempted this?

Old 12-05-2006, 05:35 PM

I'm afraid to say it, but we have not had any batt issues. [&:] I hope I didn't just jinx it. I'd go with an Optima, or simular type.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:51 PM

Mine craped about a week after I got it. I jumped it and went back to the dealer and he said it was defective. They gave me a new battery. So far no more problems.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:00 PM

It's hard to find a AC Delco battery that is good. I always thought it was GM's charging system, but when you get rid of the Delco, everything works fine.Name:  wink15.gif
Views: 230
Size:  801 Bytes

Old 12-05-2006, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: bigjdhoss

Next question... I have a 500 watt amp and two subs hooked up... I don't think these will make a difference since I had them installed a week after driving it off the lot. My question is... Should I disconnect all this stuff before taking it back to the dealer?

Has anyone else attempted this?

No need to take them out, your dealer knows damn well that ac delco batteries blow chunks. As long as your stuff is wired correctly and by that I mean no ghetto rigging. Make sure your battery terminals are clean and that you used proper gauge wire connectors, not just wrapped the power wire around the post. Also make sure it's fused within 12" of the battery! Also, make sure your system is wired to turn on with the head unit (12 volt turn on lead) Then the dealership can't say a damn thing.

Quick Reply: Battery issues