Go Back   Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners > Hummer Lineup > Hummer H3
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2012, 09:23 PM

Default Backup Camera

I'm looking to get a backup camera. Been looking on ebay but there so many choices. So looking for any help. Want to get a good system that you guys have had good luck with thanks. I'm going to be installing the Kenwood 9960 head you .
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Hummerforums!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:26 AM

I just recently had a Pioneer ND-BC5 installed on my 07 H3 that I got off of Ebay for $140. It's not the cheapest camera but the quality is the best. It gives me a great picture and a great field of vision. Mine was mounted near my license plate and I can't say enough about how much I like it.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:35 PM

Default back up camera

i installed mine right over the receiver and use a rear view mirror display (aftermarket)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08004 - Copy.jpg (90.9 KB, 117 views)
Old 01-22-2012, 01:49 PM

Mine looks just like Mikeyd's. This is the one I bought:

Amazon.com: XO Vision HTC35 Universal Weatherproof Backup Camera with NightVision: Car Electronics

It's a flush mount camera so it doesn't stick out at all. They provided a hole saw so you just drill into the plastic on the bumper above the hitch and it mounts in that hole. I bought a Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD head unit that has a backup camera input so that is how I view the output.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:21 PM
2006 Hummer H3

Richard Marquina

Thanks all for posting pics for mounting locations. I've been thinking about one since I just got an aftermarket deck with a backup camera input.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:42 PM
2006 Hummer H3

Richard Marquina

Just installed my backup camera, now I feel a lot more comfortable backing up in tight spaces. Not much of a view out the back window.

Click the image to open in full size.

This is what it looks like on my JVC DVD Deck . . . . .

Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 AM

Looks good. I was going to mount mine there but the metal behind the plastic bumper cover was curved which made me think twice. Did you drill a hole through the metal bumper or did you do something else?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:45 PM
2004 Hummer H2
My Garage

Subscribed
Old 06-23-2012, 02:17 AM
2006 Hummer H3

Richard Marquina

I drilled through both the plastic and metal bumper. Made a spacer block to fill in the curve so the lock ring on the camera fit flat. Could have probably gone higher but I wanted to be able to have a little more gap to tighten the lock ring instead of being butted up against the top side of the metal bumper.
It overlaps the plastic trim a little but I'm over it, as long as it works as advertised.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:17 AM

Tags
4300, aftermarket, avhp4300dvd, back, backup, buy, camera, h3, head, install, kenwood, ndbc5, pioneer, reverse, units, work