Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Anyone tried LED headlight bulbs?

Old 01-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Default Got the Cree LED conversion, (it doesnt work)

Well, I pulled the trigger and purchased the Cree LED bulb set from Ebay.
Put in the drivers side and im not happy at all. Half of the bulb lights up and looks funny. It doesn't look like it will give off much light even if they claim 1300 lumens for low beam and 1800 for high. Will see how it looks at night, but as it stands if I cant get my money back, I just blew 100 bucks.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone tried LED headlight bulbs?-led-headlight-flop-003.jpg   Anyone tried LED headlight bulbs?-led-headlight-flop-005.jpg  
Old 01-15-2014, 03:17 PM

The second pic there is the high beams. Looks better, but I cant go driving around with high beams so that the headlight fills out.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Robgims
Put in the drivers side and im not happy at all. Half of the bulb lights up and looks funny. It doesn't look like it will give off much light even if they claim 1300 lumens for low beam and 1800 for high. Will see how it looks at night, but as it stands if I cant get my money back, I just blew 100 bucks.

I wouldn't use Ebay for any quality LED's. Superbrightleds.com or other sites like that. You'll pay more but the quality is better. I'm bought both and compared both. There's been talk of these guys lifetimeledlights.com on the other forums. People are starting to go nuts over their led bulbs.

My argument, there's no way LED's will be as bright as HID's in a one bulb setup. Look at the newer vehicles running LED headlights. Most of them have 3-4 LED bulbs to get the appropriate light output.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:17 PM

100bucks? wow... the bulb looks bad to me. contact the seller and ask for a FREE replacement or refund... Did you try the other 1? look the same? If so, just ask for a refund.. file a claim if you have to...

I'll stick with my $12.75 for all 4 xenons shipped.. works for me.. GL

Old 01-16-2014, 07:12 AM

Sorry you're not happy with these. I am not surprised tho. LED's are directional light sources and the fact that they had the LED's in that side firing shape probably is why the light pattern looks so strange. Your picture shows the problem clearly. I too would try and contact eBay and see if anything can be done.
I hope others on this forum read your post and learn from your experience on this

Last edited by wfturner; 01-16-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:41 PM

Well good news, the vendor has a 30 day guarantee so i just contacted them for return instructions. There might be a 15% stocking fee, but i don't care.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:00 AM

Well good news, the vendor has a 30 day guarantee so i just contacted them for return instructions. There might be a 15% stocking fee, but i don't care.
I'm glad you contacted them. At least you'll get most of your money back.
Now, are you ready for some STARR projection HID's ??

Old 01-17-2014, 11:22 AM

I've heard those STARR projectors are super pricey. I think i will go with the DDM tuning HIDs like LoJac suggested.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:36 PM

I would love STARR's but the price is absolutely ridiculous. Not to mentioned they are actually pretty damn ugly IMO.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:58 PM

Well, im still doing research and came across the Morimoto brand of HID's. They are highly regarded as the best you can buy. Let's see.................

9006: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Systems from The Retrofit Source Inc

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone tried LED headlight bulbs?