PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone heard of this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by byeatts
good info, I will bring in the air on mine! and additionally i just received an adjustable device that fools the air temp sensor. simply turn and the signal will alter the temps recognized therefore enriching the fuel mixture on the fly from the dash, only 70 bucks and works with my Jet chip, installing today
You just wasted 70 bucks on a resistor that costs 15 cents from radio shack. All that does is tell the sensor the air coming in is colder then it actually is therefore increasing the amount of fuel that's used for each cylinder. You gain a couple HP at most and lose a 1-2 mpg.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by LS12FAST4U
You just wasted 70 bucks on a resistor that costs 15 cents from radio shack. All that does is tell the sensor the air coming in is colder then it actually is therefore increasing the amount of fuel that's used for each cylinder. You gain a couple HP at most and lose a 1-2 mpg.
interesting, I drove all around and this modual is adjustable, you can feel the power delivery change as you move the settings, my motor runs best at 3/4 setting. at full setting it becomes more sluggish[rich] and at a lesser setting theres a hollow spot[lean], being able to adjust for your specific mods can only be a guessing game with a resistor.it does work with my jet chip very well to fine tune further.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:02 PM

I'm glad your butt dyno feels a difference lol all that matters is that your happy with your purchase and your rig.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by LS12FAST4U
I'm glad your butt dyno feels a difference lol all that matters is that your happy with your purchase and your rig.
I build race motors for sleds and very in tune about jetting and power delivery, you can feel the power surge at 3/4.. this system has an adjustable resistor plain and simple.it would only work in conjunction with another PCM change/chip, it did not make the power all by itself and assisted in fine tuning the Jet chip.

Last edited by byeatts; 09-10-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by byeatts
I build race motors for sleds and very in tune about jetting and power delivery, you can feel the power surge at 3/4.. this system has an adjustable resistor plain and simple.it would only work in conjunction with another PCM change/chip, it did not make the power all by itself and assisted in fine tuning the Jet chip.
after a tank using this adjustable chip my lean bank codes are gone. it added enough fuel to cleanup the codes, conclusion is the stainless header high flow cat Forward and back system required a tad more fuel even with the Jet chip over a simple cat back system.Now i,m installing a Cherry bomb glass pack where the Magnaflow resonator was to kill the drone. I went with a 3 inch cherry bomb after research, this slows the airflow and absorbs the drone better and will not restrict the flow and because the flow pulse continues smoothly to the rear unlike the Magnaflow resonator which stops the flow in a large chamber it should increase hp., we shall see this weekend,

Last edited by byeatts; 09-15-2014 at 08:52 PM.