PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have problems with their rear wiper not spraying any wash fluid

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Default Anybody have problems with their rear wiper not spraying any wash fluid

My rear windshield wiper will not spray any fluid out of it and it doesnt look clogged at all I see that little rubber fitting on thehatch it looks like something might be clogged in there because the hose inside the hatch looks like its bulging and on the outside its not pressurized. Is there any way I can unclog it? Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?

Old 01-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Default RE: Anybody have problems with their rear wiper not spraying any wash fluid

i had this problem happen to me. you probably looked at your reservoir and saw that you had fluid. however, the fluid my be low enough that the pump for the rear is not catching any water for the rear.

I topped off my reservoir and that fixed the problem.

try that first. if not, a call to the dealer and they should fix it.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Anybody have problems with their rear wiper not spraying any wash fluid

There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulliten) out on this issue. It's a defect in the rear wiper fluid motor/sprayer which is actually located in front near your fluid resivoir. The front and rear sprayer motors are in the same place. The rear one has a tendency to burn out after a while. It's covered under warranty and should be fixed for free.

I had it done on mine. The dealer should be able to pull up the information on it. It is covered under warranty.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:28 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulliten) out on this issue. It's a defect in the rear wiper fluid motor/sprayer which is actually located in front near your fluid resivoir. The front and rear sprayer motors are in the same place. The rear one has a tendency to burn out after a while. It's covered under warranty and should be fixed for free.

I had it done on mine. The dealer should be able to pull up the information on it. It is covered under warranty.
didnt know this. thanks for letting me know.

I never even got a notice for it. the only notice so far i got was for the jack.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Mark. The jack situation was a factory recall. The TSBs are pretty much technical warnings sent out to the dealer service departments which tell the dealers there is a common situation that has been discovered and here is how you fix it. They don't issue recalls unless it is a safety issue. If there are common problems however, as our windshield fluid problem, the dealer will get the service bulliten with the exact part numbers and steps on how to fix it, IF available.

Be warned though; unfortunately as we have seen on this forum, there are a few Hummer dealers out there that don't even read the TSB's, which is very unfortunate because you pretty much have to go on the net and print it out and shove it in their face for them to pay attention to it. Hopefully your dealer has a good service department. All of the ones here in the Midwest are great though.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:24 AM

hey check to see if the line is pinched back by the rear wiper it happened to me.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:00 PM

Mine was like that when I first bought it a month ago. Turns out the line was FROZEN. What kind of washer fluid does the factory use, anyway? The tech thawed mine out and I've been using Rain-X washer fluid ever since.

-- Frank

Old 01-14-2008, 10:00 PM

its the motor it burned out .it happened to me no fluid was comeing out,checked no clogs and plenty of fluid so i took it in since under warranty and they put a new motor in and we were cleaning again