PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PCM Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Default PCM Tune

Hey everyone,

I have searched the forum and some other online searches about PCM tunes for the H3 3.7L. Anyways I have a mechanically stock H3. I have 35 nitto mud grapplers and front end leveled. Obviously since the increase in tire size I have noticed a big decrease in gas mileage which isn't a huge issue because hell we all drive trucks and they're meant for off road and terrible gas mileage. What I would like to improve on is the points at where the trans shifts. I know that everyone else on here has the pcm tune and I would like to know a little more info on what exactly this means. Do I need to buy a new one or can mine be tuned at a local shop. Also what is the average price for one. One other modification is a intake resonator delete to just a straight pipe.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Yeller

Attached Thumbnails PCM Tune-crawlin.jpg  
Old 06-18-2012, 06:47 PM

I am curious as well... Some said to watch for PCM 4less to have a 4th of July sale.. I want to get one or a Bullydog..

Old 06-18-2012, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Old Yeller
Hey everyone,

I have searched the forum and some other online searches about PCM tunes for the H3 3.7L. Anyways I have a mechanically stock H3. I have 35 nitto mud grapplers and front end leveled. Obviously since the increase in tire size I have noticed a big decrease in gas mileage which isn't a huge issue because hell we all drive trucks and they're meant for off road and terrible gas mileage. What I would like to improve on is the points at where the trans shifts. I know that everyone else on here has the pcm tune and I would like to know a little more info on what exactly this means. Do I need to buy a new one or can mine be tuned at a local shop. Also what is the average price for one. One other modification is a intake resonator delete to just a straight pipe.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Yeller
PCM also tunes the trans, I asked for a 2nd stage harder shift points but they also have softer shift point. Look at their order sheet and you can find out what they can do for the trans. Hope this helps.

Also here are some pictures of my intake setup.

This is my setup for right now, the next step is to send that tube to the left and send it over to the fake air cap, it already has holes in it and works just fine.

Last edited by SolidJJ; 06-18-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:37 PM

Thanks. I hate to sound like an idiot but I'm not to sure what exactly the pcm is. Can I buy a new one or is it better to have mine tuned. What do they generally cost. Is pcm4less where everyone got theirs?

Old 06-18-2012, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Old Yeller
Thanks. I hate to sound like an idiot but I'm not to sure what exactly the pcm is. Can I buy a new one or is it better to have mine tuned. What do they generally cost. Is pcm4less where everyone got theirs?
PCM4less is where you go and head over to their order sheet and can tune the PCM with a few options and tell them what you have installed and what you plan to also in the future. There is one or 3 ways you can go about it, #1 send it you PCM and TCM and have you H3 sit for a few days and they'll tune yours and send it back, #2 they'll send you the PCM and TCM and then send yours to them and that's it (or maybe they will send yours back) and 3rd just buy a back up set. With the trade option they charge you more just in case you don't send yours to them but will refund you a core fee. Also look into their E-fan kit works great but loud!!!!

Name:  100_0533.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  146.5 KB

Old 06-19-2012, 10:51 AM

Thanks a lot for the help. It's definately something that I'm going to look into to hopefully get the HP back up to where it was before the tires. Well at least the same feel. Lol. Have you noticed a difference with yours?

Old 06-19-2012, 04:06 PM

I have found that you sill still lack some power. I would do a cat-back, intake, ported throttle body before doing the tune. I love PCM4less tune. I run 35's on mine and the tune and ported throttle body are the best mods for power, at least by the seat of the pants.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:46 PM

How much did it cost you to get your throttle body P&P?

Old 06-20-2012, 07:28 AM

I ordered mine from a guy on 355nation. I want to say it was like 150, and if you go that route spend the extra 35 to get the ignitioin spring deletes. They help quite a bit too.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:29 PM

Just so everyone knows they have a sale at PCM tune going on right now. Save $50 until 7/7/12
if you ask me thats a deal man

Quick Reply: PCM Tune