PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti Theft Lock Icon Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Default Anti Theft Lock Icon Flashing

A couple days ago I was walking to my truck after shopping at Walmart and I hit the remote start button on my key chain.It failed to start with the remote,so I tried again.Sill no start with remote.I opened the doors with the keyless entry and started my H3 with the key.It started ok and I drove home.I then tried the remote start in the driveway at home sitting in the truck.I heard a couple of clicks,and still no start.I noticed then,with the doors locked and the key off that in the RPM guage a red vechicle icon with a lock flashes.Start it up with the key and it goes out.Shut the motor off and the red icon thing appears again,flashing.My remote start still is not working and the little light above the mirror continuesly stays on solid blue.When the remote start worked,when you locked the doors the blue light was always flashing.Now it just stays solid blue with the doors locked.Could it be that the 2 failed starts triggered something in the gm anti theft thing,or is the remote start stuck in valet mode.Gotta talk to the guy who installed the Orbit auto start on my truck.If anyone has ideas,please post..Thanks...

Old 08-23-2011, 10:01 AM

Well I fixed the remote start proablem.It was stuck in valet mode.Had to turn the key on and off 5 times to reset it.Also,when the doors are locked,is the red icon at the bottom of the tach,of a car with a lock going through it suppose to flash red.I imagine its just letting you know that the gm security is activated.Hope thats it.Anyway,the remote start is alive and kicken...

Old 08-23-2011, 10:11 AM

Under normal circumstances, if you lock the doors with the FOB it sets your alarm and the icon will flash.