PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My h3 loses power and sometimes turns off when i turn

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Default My h3 loses power and sometimes turns off when i turn

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE, HOPE EVERYBODY IS DOING GOOD. I HAVE AN 06 H3 WITH JUST OVER 97,000 MILES ON IT AND RECENTLY EVERYTIME I TURN THE RPM'S START FALLING TO QUICK AND SHAKES, AS IF LOSING POWER. IT HAPPENS MORE WHEN I TURN THAT IT TURNS OFF. ITS LIKE IF IM LOSING POWER. WHEN I ACCELARATE TOO FAST (WHEN I DRIVE IN NYC) AND LET GO ALL TOGETHER THE RPMS FALL REAL FAST AND ITS ALMOST AS IT STRUGGLES TO STAY ON, THOUGH SOMETIMES IT JUST TURNS OFF, AGAIN LIKE IT LOST ALL POWER. HAS ANYBODY BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS AND CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME????? THANK YOU SO MUCH. I DONT WANT TO SPEND RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY OF HAVING A MECHANIC "WONDER" AND "SEEING" WHATS WRONG WITH IT BECAUSE THATS HOW THEY GET ALOT OF PEOPLE. AGAIN A MILLION THANKS

Old 03-17-2010, 01:12 AM

You sure you haven't got the transfer case locked? Or that there isn't a problem with it?

The issue with it shaking whilst turning sounds like it could be the binding up you get if you lock the front and rear axles together when you aren't on a soft surface?

Do you get the same problems if you drive it on a softer surface - wet grass, sand, snow etc?

Old 03-17-2010, 02:34 AM

Yes I do, it happens on every type of surface. I spoke to a mechanic about it and he said the vacuum pump needed to be refilled. I did some research on vacuum pumps for h3 and that doesnt even exist on them. All I found out was that h1 had some sort of vacuum pumps. How would I know if I had the transfer case locked? is that one of the 4x4 buttons that control that? THANKS FOR REPLYING BY THE WAY, GREATLY APPRECIATED

Old 03-17-2010, 06:57 AM

Yeah there are 3 4x4 buttons in the upper left and corner of the dash control area... you should almost always be in 4x4 Hi (all the way to the left, w/o a pic of a lock) Make sure your in that...

Old 04-06-2010, 01:08 PM

yes my 4x4 is on the correct setting. while im idling the rpm's start dropping and it starts trembling like its going to turn off. the same thing happens when im turning.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:57 AM

It sounds like a vacume leak to me....if it were an old vehicle. These new ones with all the electronics though.... Get a code reader and see what trouble codes its throwing out. I will bet its electronic, or vacume. You should be able to rent one at autozone.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Just wondering why ALL THE YELLING WITH CAPS!!!!!!!!! ???

Old 04-14-2010, 01:41 AM

I had the same problem. Took it in to the dealer to have it checked out and they said the Throttle Body Controller was covered in gunk. Get that checked out. I also had my fuel injectors cleaned, but I'm sure it was only the Throttle body...

Let me know how it goes..

Old 08-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Default I have the same problem!

Originally Posted by Stavros1011
I had the same problem. Took it in to the dealer to have it checked out and they said the Throttle Body Controller was covered in gunk. Get that checked out. I also had my fuel injectors cleaned, but I'm sure it was only the Throttle body...

Let me know how it goes..
Hey I just got the same exact problem with the exception that the engine turns off when I go down a hill or make a turn.
A mechanic, who charged me like 90 dollars, checked the ca.The car literally turned off in front of him. He had a electronic check up and NOTHING showed.
even the dealer can not duplicate the problem.

nay suggetsions?

Old 08-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

I have a suggestion. https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...bumping-23221/

You did good starting a new thread, but instead of digging up this 17 month old one, you should have linked it in your new thread.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: My h3 loses power and sometimes turns off when i turn