PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

All ordered but 2 parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Talking All ordered but 2 parts

Got all my parts ordered today, we.ll all but the shocks and air intake. I picked up a new radiator
belt tensioner
felpro exhaust manifold gasket
New stud set
Belt
All shipped and taxes and duty paid for 423 bucks from one place. My tensioner is squeaking, radiator is leaking terribly, and my manifold is cracked.
I called ott and josh used me pretty good and got the header delivered to me for the same price as I could get the magnaflow here. Pretty good considering I am in atlantic canada. Thanks skeeter for thhe heads up on the spot, they are way cheaper pricing than anywhere else I found.They have to make it and it will be ready to go monday he said.
Only problem I am having is with the bilsteins.. there are nobody that has the rears. They are on backorder and have been since dec but will get them in 3 to 4 weeks. And the 77 series k&n is on special order and has to call me back on it. But all 4 bilsteins for 310 with free shipping is a smoking deal. Anybody got any ideas on what a replacement could be for either that is really close in quality and performace, or should I just wait?
I dunno if I will do any pics or not... seems like enough work coming up without becoming a photographer. Maybe she will get out the camera.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:59 PM

I have a terrible squeak which only occurs when it's cold outside, or it has rained/raining. I figured it was the belt, as it's the same from day 1 on my 2006 h3.
How can I determine with accuracy whether it's the belt, tension or idle pulley?
Thanks

Old 02-22-2014, 06:01 PM

I am not 100% sure myself. The tensioner looks worn on mine, and I tried spraying lube on each seperately and it didnt help but it did make one louder. That is what I started with. I am going to change the belt after I am pretty sure the squeak is gone. If not I will get the idler. I just had the money right now so I am getting the more expensive of the two first.
If anyone else reads this they may help. Try the search function and it may help.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:07 PM

Remove the belt, note the position of the tensioner pulley, and make sure the tensioner, has proper tension, and moves further back, without the belt installed. Check the pulleys to make sure they spin freely, don't have sideward movement, and inspect the pulleys for pilling.

Check the belt, more info here:

Troubleshooting Belt Failure - Spring/Summer Car Care | Gates Corporation

and in case you need it, the routing diagram:

Old 02-25-2014, 02:35 PM

Thanks for the info. I was going to do that when I take belt off I guess, but didn't know that was how. That's what I like about this forum, unlimited info and always ppl to help.
Can't wait till everything gets here. radiator and header are going to take the longest. both are coming from us. Well I guess the shocks and k&n are going to take a while. backordered shocks and special order for k&n...BACKORDER... such a dirty word...

Old 02-25-2014, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Remove the belt, note the position of the tensioner pulley, and make sure the tensioner, has proper tension, and moves further back, without the belt installed. Check the pulleys to make sure they spin freely, don't have sideward movement, and inspect the pulleys for pilling.

Check the belt, more info here:

Troubleshooting Belt Failure - Spring/Summer Car Care | Gates Corporation

and in case you need it, the routing diagram:

You really seem to know a lot about the Hummer's, thank you for all your positive in-put.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:41 PM

Well, as an update I put on my belt and tensioner right after my last post... voila belt screech was gone. On a much much larger scale!!!! My header arrived from oTtp, with no duty fee I must add which was awesome. I started the tear apart yesterday................. terrible. Luckily took everyone elses advicefrom build threads and purchased a stud kit for the flange. I had to bust off the old ones as there was no other way. The top bolt on the flange to the exhaust from heaer is in the worst spot ever. Then the o2 sensor wouldn't come out either..... didn't buy a new one like a fool. Had to cut the old manifold apart to relieve stress and use a pipe wrench and a maul to get it out. Knurled the head up and slightly dented the metal on it but put it in the header and no codes yet!
I did notice a bit better throttle response. No big hold on scenes happening,but hoping to help highway MPG and My old cast turd was cracked in 3 or 4 places so it was necessary anyway. I did notice though the ports and gasket were a bit larger and less round or oval than the old one. I have a 3.5 and wonder if the header and gasket are for a 3.7??? Any input for that and will it hurt? I assumed bigger was OK but smaller not OK?

Last edited by BERULAKIDE; 03-20-2014 at 06:46 PM.