PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Air conditioning problem!...grrr

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Angry Air conditioning problem!...grrr

hi guys!...im new to the forum, but i know you guys are very helpful when it comes to Q&A...so here it goes...i have a 2006 H3 and my air conditioning isnt blowing air at all (air conditioning, heater, defrost, floor vents, etc)what could be my problem here?...it sounds as if the compressor kicks on when i turn the ****, but no air is coming out of the vents...any help will be GREATLY appreciated...thanks guys in advance for the help

Old 06-18-2009, 04:01 PM

Did you check the fuse that runs your blower fan?

Old 06-24-2009, 08:09 PM

Let me know too. My ex had her blower fan go out a week ago and the fuses are all good. I checked the HVAC relay too, swapping it with another. I suppose the fan could have bit the dust. It's not my problem, but if it's something common, it would be nice to know.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Default Having the same problem....

My '06 H3 is doing the same thing. I am glad that its nice enough to just open the windows and sunroof. I hope someone could give advice soon.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Default Any Updates

My '07 with 28K miles today began same problem. AC clutch kicks on, but get no fan action on any of the settins. Fuses check out fine, but did not try swapping out relay.

Taking to dealer first thing in morning to troubleshoot.

With others having exact same problem, my guess is we all have inferior fan motor in the H3. Will report back culprit after Dealer repair.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:15 AM

The Dealer replaced the whole A/C panel and wire cowling. It is a common problem with the Hummers and Colorado. No problems now.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Cool Easy Repair

Obviously the symptoms are well known and seen by dealer here in Houston. All with same repair needs, replacing Resistor and Connector. Can't provide costs as this was warranty work, but can provide invoicing parts and descriptions.
- PN: 10397098 (Resistor 9.215)
- PN: 12059296 (Connector 9.778)

I'm thinking potential overkill on repair or different problem with Wookalar

Old 08-26-2009, 08:05 AM

When I said cowling, I meant the resister and connector. Dealer replaced the panel because the dash lights to the controls stopped working. I thought it was just a matter of changing light bulbs but he replaced the panel. All is well now.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Default Same issue 06 H3

I have the same issue it came from no where. Turned it off one night next morning no blower. replaced the resistor pack worked fine for about a week. turned off one night next morning no blower. This thing eats resistor packs I am thinking at this point the motor may be going bad and pulling too high on the resistor pack. Any thoughts?

Old 09-09-2009, 12:48 AM

Same problem here.
06 adventure 55,000 miles, with GMPP to 85,000.

Low and high fan worked but not mid settings for about one day. Then the fan stalled and quit working. all other know lights and functions work.
GM dealer is gonna look at it Thursday, he thinks it a resistor.

Quick Reply: Air conditioning problem!...grrr