Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

acts like it wants to stall

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 05:13 AM
Default acts like it wants to stall

07 h3 have about 86000 miles on it. for last couple thousand miles or so the truck starts to stall as I come to a stop, almost cuts out and than comes back to life, one time it actually did stall at red light, anyone else have this problem?

Old 02-13-2010, 07:13 AM

i have an 07 h3 and it is starting to do the samething. when you come to a stop, the RPMs drop way down and then come back up and then wants to stall.
it as not stalled yet, but it planning on getting it to the dealer this week. i have 62k in miles.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:37 AM

I too, am experiencing the same problem. I have an 07 five speed 20,000 mi.
It noticed this about three months ago
It hasn't stalled but it has my attention and the idle gets very low and then recovers
It seems to be more pronounced when the engine is cold, rather than warmed up
Please let me know what you find out at the dealer
Thanks

Last edited by wfturner; 02-17-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:26 AM

I have the exact same issue, mine is a 06 H3 with almost 50k. I took it to the dealer and because it didn't act up at the dealership they couldn't do anything for me, but the problem still occurs. Oh well good thing I have the extended warranty.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:52 PM

theres a thread on here or another forum that relates that problem to GMs design of the 5cyl motor... its a flaw in the design but do not think there is a recall or a fix for it... another veteran like f5stop or doc might chime in in re to this...

Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM

The only time ours acted up was right after filling up with gas. It stalled once and finally the dealer took a look. Had partially clogged valve lines and a broken fuel filter. Now we have a new gas tank, lines, and filter. Might be a mix of any of those problems. We split fill up between mid grad and regular.

P.S. we had over 40k on the H3X at the time.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:53 AM

Had this same problem, popped the hood and found my K&N air intake filter had come off, after reinstalling engine ran smooth again.. could be an air leak in the air intake area or throttle body area..

Old 02-17-2010, 11:13 AM

I felt the same thing i used lucas oil injector cleaner for two months and noticed it alot less.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:31 PM

Having the same issue, changed air filter but still the same. acting up like is goignt o stall everytime I come to stop or reverse while turning steering wheel. I was told at this shop that water is going into engine.. which sucks..any body had taken to dealer and gotten a clear answer what's causing this issue?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by mr300
07 h3 have about 86000 miles on it. for last couple thousand miles or so the truck starts to stall as I come to a stop, almost cuts out and than comes back to life, one time it actually did stall at red light, anyone else have this problem?

Having the same problem, acts like is going to stall but them comes back again. Took it to have it check out @ this shop was told that it looks water is going into the engine, now I have water & oil mix which not sure if this is the real problem...I need answer before taking it to the dealer I have the Extended Warranty but no sure if this type of repair is cover and they wont tell me untill they do the diagnose.

Quick Reply: acts like it wants to stall