Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

AC Blower fix

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 01:38 PM

Lol. Hahahaha... I just called a dealership just to price their wire harness for this same problem. For an '09 H3T they wanted 98.00. But for a '06 H3 (the wifes) the same part is 140.00. Wow.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by voodoochild2112
They melt together from the heat.I used a small screw driver too.You can just cut it off since it will have to be replaced anyway.
Yep Voodoochild. The ac resistor (red connector) was melted into the male end. I couldn't see it until i had removed the pieces. #1 & #5 connections were melted together. Decided to replace the ac wiring harness and ac resistor. Pretty easy job once you remove the passenger side cover to the dash and the glove box. Ordered a new harness off ebay for about $48. My local Autozone carried the AC Delco AC resistor for $28. Got everything replaced. The blower worked but every time i would turn on the air conditioner, the air clutch fuse (48) would blow. After burning thru about 5 fuses i read somewhere to switch the ac clutch diode (90) and the windshield wiper diode (65). Both are the same and interchangeable. Air and blower now work wonderfully!

Old 01-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Default Same thing!!

this thread has helped me!! Cleaned the resistor, now on to the next step!!! Thankful for this site!! Being a female, things may seem hard but this is so simple!!!😊

Old 01-13-2015, 05:20 PM
Default Not the same thing!!

I seem to have a different blower problem than the wiring harness but I didn't think I should create a new Thread. H3 2009, last spring the blower stopped working, a cool summer I didn't worry about it, in the fall I started looking into it and these forum messages have helped me on what to look for.

So I checked out the resistor and wiring harness expecting to find it burnt but it looked clean. I checked the resistor and got some different resistances so I am guessing that it is good. Wiggling the wire harness around didn't do anything. Fuses were checked, switched around a few to be sure, but relays were not checked. The fan switch seems good (such the air conditioning light will come on when the switch is on but no blower). The blower did come on a couple times with no indication of a blower motor problem so I am ruling that out. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:58 AM
Default Got it fixed

I finished it up last night. Cleaned the resistor out and the connector and got it back to working. However I'm only doing this temporarily until I can replace it. I pray it stays working until then. Thank u guys a lot!!!

Old 01-14-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by ittome
I seem to have a different blower problem than the wiring harness but I didn't think I should create a new Thread. H3 2009, last spring the blower stopped working, a cool summer I didn't worry about it, in the fall I started looking into it and these forum messages have helped me on what to look for.

So I checked out the resistor and wiring harness expecting to find it burnt but it looked clean. I checked the resistor and got some different resistances so I am guessing that it is good. Wiggling the wire harness around didn't do anything. Fuses were checked, switched around a few to be sure, but relays were not checked. The fan switch seems good (such the air conditioning light will come on when the switch is on but no blower). The blower did come on a couple times with no indication of a blower motor problem so I am ruling that out. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you actually separate the harness connectors? Mine looked fine from a visual inspection without separating the harness but it was melted after pulling it apart.....

Old 01-14-2015, 07:05 PM

Yes, I had take the harness out and separated it from the resistor before testing the resistor. The connections looked new, the resistor had some rust.

Old 01-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Default Please help i am freezing

Hi guys, I am having the same issue. Replaced the resistor, the wiring harness and have checked all relays and fuses but still nothing. I am in more of a problem then you guys as I am in London, England and there are no GMC dealerships to take this to. I ordered the harness from the states and was hoping that would fix it but still no luck and its b00dy cold in London so I am having to make do with a 12v useless heater which doesn't even demist the windows let alone keep me warm.

Really desperate guys please help!!!! I love this bug truck but right now Its a hassle driving IT! It never was working when I bought it and I didn't think to check as it's such a unusual thing to happen to a car in London!!

To note the ***** are fine, when I turn them I can hear things happening, but no air comes out. I do get heat when the car has warmed up but I am guessing that's just from the engine bay comng through ??

Old 01-19-2015, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Wax_London
Hi guys, I am having the same issue. Replaced the resistor, the wiring harness and have checked all relays and fuses but still nothing. I am in more of a problem then you guys as I am in London, England and there are no GMC dealerships to take this to. I ordered the harness from the states and was hoping that would fix it but still no luck and its b00dy cold in London so I am having to make do with a 12v useless heater which doesn't even demist the windows let alone keep me warm.

Really desperate guys please help!!!! I love this bug truck but right now Its a hassle driving IT! It never was working when I bought it and I didn't think to check as it's such a unusual thing to happen to a car in London!!

To note the ***** are fine, when I turn them I can hear things happening, but no air comes out. I do get heat when the car has warmed up but I am guessing that's just from the engine bay comng through ??
Not sure if you read my post further up in this thread. I had the same problem and my harness and relay were fine. What turned out to be the problem with mine was the actual fan / blower that is located on the passenger side under the glove box. Turn your heater on and give the fan assembly a couple good whacks and see if you can hear the fan try and spin. Worth a shot since you've replaced everything else. There are only a couple screws holding the fan assembly in place and it's very easy to replace. Good luck!!

Old 05-02-2015, 01:30 PM

Mine just stopped today. Spent 7 minutes reading this thread, 5 minutes pulling the resistor and plug part and cleaning them. Back up and running. I'll need to replace it. Just not yet. This forum is full of valuable information.

Quick Reply: AC Blower fix