Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

AC Blower fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 10:44 AM
Default Same problem different fix

I was going through this thread a few months ago as the blower went out on our 2003 H2. I took the wire harness out and inspected it... I didn't see any noticeable charring on it so I ordered the resister replacement and installed it. When that didn't fix it I suppose I got a little upset and gave it a good smack. Much to my surprise I heard the fan start to spin up but very slowly. I pulled the blower fan out and discovered that the bearings were shot. Went up to auto zone and got a new motor and was back in business in about 20 minutes. Hope this helps anyone who experience the same problem.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:40 AM

I just want to say thanks for the post. Saved me much time and money without a doubt!
Thanks again.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Default AC blower fix

Thanks for all the great post! I just got my 06 Hummer 3 weeks ago and now i have the same problem. There are 3 good vids on youtube showing how to replace the harness.I will be contacting WSMV channel 4 here in nashville to see if they might do an investigative story on this problem.They have done several stories on GM problems.I will be contacting my congressman and senator to let them know since there investigating GM as well.Maybe if enough of us do this will get some results.

Attached Thumbnails AC Blower fix-iphone-431.jpg   AC Blower fix-iphone-432.jpg   AC Blower fix-iphone-433.jpg  
Old 05-13-2014, 12:34 PM

I had my 06 H3 for about a year before the blower went. I followed this tread and replaced some burnt wires & the resister. Worked fine again until last month (1 year later) and the burnt wire smell started again and my blower settings started to stop. I replaced the resister and some wires AGAIN last week and today it stopped all the sudden AGAIN after I could smell the familiar burnt plastic!!!!
Not sure why this time?? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 05-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by voodoochild2112
Thanks for all the great post! I just got my 06 Hummer 3 weeks ago and now i have the same problem. There are 3 good vids on youtube showing how to replace the harness.I will be contacting WSMV channel 4 here in nashville to see if they might do an investigative story on this problem.They have done several stories on GM problems.I will be contacting my congressman and senator to let them know since there investigating GM as well.Maybe if enough of us do this will get some results.
Last I checked, the GM that built your vehicle went through bankruptcy and lack of AC is not a safety concern. Good luck with your plan.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:08 PM

Hi has anyone tried the "cdobis" repair to the resistor/harness failure? I had the intermittent blower comming on off replaced the harness and resistor and was fine for about a year. Replaced it before the wire burnt. Now starting to have the same symptoms again with the replacement resistor and harness. If I solder everything in place creating a solid contact point will this fix the issue if it is the result of a faulty contact. Or is this a design issue due to too much load on the contact and rgardless will overheat and fail again. Hope GM issues a recall found some instances where vehicle burnned up. Thanks

Old 05-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Default Hi All Still no Cold Air -2008 Alpha H3

I know this is a old post but I'm hoping someone can help me. Last summer AC went out, blower working but hot air, did what was recommended on this site (I replaced the resistor) worked great for a year and of course as soon as it gets hot again, No A/C, so I then replaced the red connector (I spliced carefully and used twist-ons to connect new wires coming out of red connector to the old wires where I cut out old red connector. Plugged in, blower working fine, but still no Cold air (a little cold at best). I checked fuses-ok, check level of freon-ok, I do here the compressor kicked on and off, and I hear kinda a whistle sound in engine area when AC is on, anyone have any ideas? Obviously my truck is out of warrenty and on Monday I'll try calling GM, but I don't have much hope of help since Hummer is long gone. I would hate to bring it to the Stealership if it's something I can do myself. Any help would be apprieciated and Thanks to all that helped with all the Hummer issues, You all are a god send!
Lisa

Old 05-18-2014, 09:47 AM

dont know why your air dont work but the resistor has nothing to do with it, its just the fan speed.i think most res failures are caused by running a long time at a low speed wiyh heat on. its the heat + the res getting hot from current. high speed probably better if you can stand it.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:27 PM
rsc

Originally Posted by ad3gti
Hi has anyone tried the "cdobis" repair to the resistor/harness failure? I had the intermittent blower comming on off replaced the harness and resistor and was fine for about a year. Replaced it before the wire burnt. Now starting to have the same symptoms again with the replacement resistor and harness. If I solder everything in place creating a solid contact point will this fix the issue if it is the result of a faulty contact. Or is this a design issue due to too much load on the contact and rgardless will overheat and fail again. Hope GM issues a recall found some instances where vehicle burnned up. Thanks
Just a crappy design, there are better options that were available. This was the most cost effective for GM. I soldered mine and they worked for a year until a cold solder joint broke. Took it apart and did it right, no problems.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Default Well that's strange

You're saying the resistor only controls fan, which is strange to me because when my A/c went out last August, the fan was blowing but no Cool air, when I changed to resistor then there was cool air, hence the repair, now doing same thing, Im confused....

Quick Reply: AC Blower fix