Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stability System Failure, Service 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Default ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stability System Failure, Service 4WD

Apparently I have a new problem. I read the existing thread and tried to reply to it but the thread was closed by the moderators I suppose because it was too old???

The message appears on my dash on a daily basis and at the worst possible times. I cycle the buttons on the dash as suggested in the previous thread and sometimes it clears the problem and sometimes it does not. Please NOTE the 4WD lights are working so the TCSCM is most likely NOT the problem. For those that are having this same problem I will update this thread when the service shop tells me what the issue was with my 06 H3.

Sorry if I did not follow the rules... just want to get help and provide information to others that may be having the same problem.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:02 PM

Could your battery be low?

Old 02-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

If you do not have your own code reader or scan guage II, go to your local auto parts and have them read whatever code is thrown. Then have them clear it.

Nobody can help you with just what you have posted, the message you are seeing can be displayed for MANY reasons, the code(s) will narrow it down. When you have the code, google it first and then post the code(s) and what you found.

Next, you need to be specific about year, model and if MT or AT.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:19 PM

First of all thank you for your help.

My thread started the same as the other guy and he got lots of help so I assumed what I posted would be enough.. I am not a mechanic. I come here for help or to help others by explaining my experiences... Sorry if I did not provide enough information or posted it in the wrong places.

I have an 06 H3 Automatic with the off-road package, heated leather seats, Monsoon sound, sunroof, towing package, etc.

After months of frustration with the messages coming and going and trying all the great suggestions in this and other forums I finally had enough and took it in for repairs. Here are the results;

They found the right rear ABS sensor had a corroded wire. Apparently it was making contact occasionally which explains the ability to sometimes clear the problem by following the instructions in this oddly closed thread;

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=10767

So for those that want to know; If cycling the buttons seems to work randomly but the system still fails, check the ABS sensor connections. Looks like mine got shredded by a tree during an off-road adventure through the woods last summer and over time just finally gave in to corrosion.

Total bill $181.90 (two hours of shop labor).

Hope this helps someone.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:40 PM

I'm getting the "Traction Failed, Service Stabilitrak" message on my DIC in my 08 Alpha. Nothing about ABS oddly enough. It's also intermittent but has been happening once a day since it first showed up, usually in the middle of driving somewhere.

I made an appointment with my hummer dealer to drop it off Tuesday morning. I'll let you guys know what happens, these guys are great and know amazing amounts of stuff about these trucks so they'll get to the bottom of it.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Draketh
I'm getting the "Traction Failed, Service Stabilitrak" message on my DIC in my 08 Alpha. Nothing about ABS oddly enough. It's also intermittent but has been happening once a day since it first showed up, usually in the middle of driving somewhere.

I made an appointment with my hummer dealer to drop it off Tuesday morning. I'll let you guys know what happens, these guys are great and know amazing amounts of stuff about these trucks so they'll get to the bottom of it.
Same thing started recently in my '08 Alpha. Dealer replaced the mode switches. Problem gone.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Same thing started recently in my '08 Alpha. Dealer replaced the mode switches. Problem gone.
I've been regularly switching through the 4WD modes, and it hasn't happened today yet and I've done about 60 miles. It seems to happen when there is alot of snow out and the traction control has to kick in. I'm sitting at my desk at work looking outside and its really coming down so we'll see what happens when I leave here in about an hour.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:40 PM

my 08 alpha would show the same too, usually reverse on ice coditions, dealership replaced transfer case actuator and havent had a problem since

Old 02-08-2011, 07:45 AM

Has anyone tried using petroleum jelly between the plugs leading to the transfer case? Just thinking maybe it is getting wet with all the road spray etc.

Just a thought

Old 02-08-2011, 02:14 PM

Truck went in for service today, also had a climate control light out on the zone ****. Service says that the issues is related to the 4x4 controls on the dash, and they're replacing that module.

I'll post more specifics when I get the service log back.

Quick Reply: ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stability System Failure, Service 4WD