PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stab Sys. codes

Old 06-06-2010, 05:32 PM

I am back again, looks like my H3 Hummer is a piece of junk, it is now June 2010 and still having trouble I took it 2 miles down the road and it says traction failed service stab system, reduced power!! I know have 30,000 miles on it, it is a 2006.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:52 AM

I recently experienced the same problem with my 06. Dealership said the cause was a bad accelerator pedal and put a new assembly on. Problem seems fixed but I think its the assembly fomr a base model Colorado as it is ALL plastic. If this happens to be your problem, I would insist that they put on the same constructed assembly. BTW I have 45K on mine.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by importkiller
IT IS NOT SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calm down..I was pissed first time I got them also. The cause is one of two things...the most common is a loose plug at the transfer case...the other is a loose plug underhood at the pcm. I have had this happen about 5 times and each time the plug at the t-case is loose...just unplug all the plugs down there, clean em with some compressed air spray and some electronic cleaner and replug. the problem will go away.

this was a common issue with 06 h3's and there is never anythign broke...loose connections can give some funny error codes.
Don't mean to be such a newb but where is the PCM and transfer case?

Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 PM

Our '08 H3 Alpha has this same message on the DIC......I will post what the dealer says. It's under warranty and we're getting it looked at next week.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 AM

I am having the same issues on our '08 Alpha.

Service traction and active handling failed.

I also do not have any lights on my 4wd buttons. I tried the 50 cycle method, but nothing happened. It will not switch from hi to low or lock. Guess I have to make the 30 minute trek to the dealership.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:24 AM

I took our '08 H3 Alpha to the GM dealer and they ran a battery of tests that did not identify the problem.......then I printed the post from Blackbear about the TCCM and took it to the GM dealer.

SERV STAB/TRACTION FAILED with NO indicator lights on the 4 wheel drive setting switches (including normal unlocked four wheel drive): This usually indicates the TCCM (Transfer Case Shift Control Module; aka TCSCM) has failed. Replacement of the TCCM is necessary, and usually takes about fifteen minutes (it is located behind the passenger side I/P end cover, so access is easy.)[/align][/align]GM just published a PI (primarily investigation report) from technical assistance that states cycling the 4wd buttons fifty times, may help to clean the contacts in the encoder motor. One cycle is going from 4 wheel standard to 4 wheel lock hi, to lock low, and then the locking axle (if so equipped).

They now agree that the TCCM is the issue and have the part on order.

Thanks for a great post Blackbear.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:38 PM

Update......

Took our H3 to the GM dealer where we purchased it (an hour away) on 10-6-10. They determined the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM) needed to be replaced as I noted in my last post. Last week they received a package from GM that had a fog lamp in it instead of the TCCM. Today they received the TCCM, installed it, and now they are saying it isn't communicating with the main computer control system........they think the new TCCM may be defective. Also, I have after market LED tail lights on the H3. At first GM told the mechanic to re-install the stock tail lights to see if that may be the problem. It was NOT the problem. They are going to try to dig deeper tomorrow.........Hope they find the real problem soon. We want or HUMMER back!!

Old 10-21-2010, 08:03 PM

Finally got our H3 back. The TCCM was the problem after all. Apparently one of the terminals got bent on the back of the master electronics board under the hood when the mechanic was re-installing it. They straightened out the terminal pin, re-installed the board and VOILA.......everything is now OK. Geez.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:04 AM

Currently dealing with the same problem. ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Stability System Failure, Service 4WD. Cycling through the modes as instructed worked for a while and occassionally still works. But some times it refuses to cycle. No rhyme or reason that I can detect.

Case 1. Lights came on while driving in the snow one day. Nearly had an accident without ABS (locked up all four and slid). Got home and it seems to have cleared itself.

Case 2. On my way to work it failed on the highway at like 40 MPH. Some snow and slush on the road but nothing major. After sitting at work all day, started it to go home and parked it in the heated garage and the lights were gone. Came back on on the way home. Read this forum and cycled the buttons, woohoo it worked. Got up to drive to work the next day and could not get out of my driveway. Too much ice/snow and the system had again failed. No matter what I do it will not cycle.

Case 3. Drove to the airport and the system failed on the way. Parked it outdoors in the snow and cold for 3 days. Ready to leave and worried it will not get out of the lot (snow, ice etc). Cycled the buttons as instructed and it worked! Got home, parked it in the heated garage and this morning no matter what I do it will not cycle. The TCS motor will not even try to shift modes.

FRUSTRATING.

Taking it to my local service shop. Hope he can find the problem. I love my H3 but this is not good.

Thanks for all your help gang.

Keep em rollin