PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stab Sys. codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Default RE: ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stab Sys. codes

well my h3 just did this... yay.. add it to the list.. lol

Old 07-10-2008, 07:45 AM

mine wont shift to 4 low. what does that mean

Old 09-20-2008, 06:51 AM

Hi guys!!!

I'm new in this forum and I have my H3 for about 3 month now! This is a realy good site for learning purposes! Congrats everybody.

Now, yesterday it was my first off road experience, in the sandy desert of Abu Dhabi, UAE. It was realy exiting but several things happened to me.

1) I had in some point the "Traction Failed" message, I was trying to climb a dune with 4 high lock but I did not turned off the Stab System. The light started to switch on and off rapidley and then it gave the traction failed message.

2)Finaly I reached my destination, no lighting signal on the 4WD buttons,turned off the car and when I turned it on the message was gone.

3)When I was leaving the desert i got stuck in one dune and the message came back. However this time I did shwitch off the Stab System. I turned off the car and on again and the message was gone once again.

4)I've noticed that in the sand driving in 4H it was better than using 4H lock, with 4H lock the tires sinked into the sand. I only used this feature to get out from a dune and then i had to go back to 4H to keep going. Any suggestion on how to use the 4WD features?

I went to the delear this morning and they told me that if the message was gone I should not worry.

PLEASE!!! give your feedbacks!

Regards!!!

Old 09-28-2008, 02:26 PM

Most likely is a replacement of the T-Case shift motor. Dealer will do under warranty for free...its a quick fix.
Other cause... make sure none of your 4WD buttons are not stuck down. I had the motor swap and I thought I needed another one then I realized that my 4-HI button was stuck down. It threw all the same error codes. I just poked it a little and it popped back up. Some dirt or sand or something stuck in the switch.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:58 PM

Mine displayed these codes on my way home from the dealership two hours after purchasing. [:@] The only difference was mine was shifting in and out of 4H/4H Lock/4L Lock without a problem. No big deal... That's what the warrantyis for. Anyway, here's what the dealer told me...

The codes were caused by the folowing; sunroof leaked, drain was clogged, water flowed down the pillar and dripped on the yaw sensor, wet yaw sensor triggered said codes. Anyway, the dealership in OKC is fixing it under warranty. They cleaned the drains, replaced the sensor,took the carpet out, steam cleaned it (I hadn't even noticed it was wet), and it is now sitting in their shop waitingto dry.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:42 AM

I own a 2008 H3 Alpha. I started getting the "Service 4WD, Service Stab Sys, Traction Failed" messages 3 weeks to the date of driving the vehicle off the dealership lot! The 4WD indicator light went out. These problems always occurred while driving in the rain. My vehicle has been to the dealership for these problems three times. Always had the same DTC's: B2725, C0327, B0790, C0276. First, the dealership blamed a dirty 4WD switch. Then my problems were blamed on a ground wire (G106) not having a clean contact due to the way the vehicle is painted. Next, the internal encoder motor had to be replaced The dealership installed a new 4WD switch every time I went back. The dealership acted like these were all normal Hummer problems, and Hummer customer assistanceprovidedno help. I beg all Hummer owners that have these problems to please do yourself a favor: find out what the lemon law is for your state and enforce your rights. I learned that GM listens when a lemon law attorney contacts them on the owner's behalf.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:11 PM
Angry service stab sys

Oh my gosh I cannot believe I am going to have to go thru this again, I have had 5 new batteries put into my 2006 hummer in 2 years! They never have found out why, I have been waiting for the battery to die again! Now it says service stab system! My Hummer only has 24,000 miles on it, and I have to drive 132 miles one way to get it serviced!! I should have sold the darn thing, but no one has enough money to buy it for the pay off!!

Old 04-22-2010, 01:35 PM

Cycling the 4wd buttons seems to have fixed mine for the moment, I will report back if it recurs.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:41 PM

Hey guys, first post so here goes. I experienced the same problem. I went through the cycling as recommended a few weeks back and have yet to have the message flash again. Since then, I took the car back to service dept (for a separate starting issue) and queried this. After inspection, they recommended to replace the brake pedal switch. This will be done in the next few weeks and I'll update if any change. But note, since the cycling was done, I've had no issues. Hope this helps someone.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:05 PM

My wife's 06 H3 started doing the too. I'll try the suggested fixes. If need be I'll take it back to the dealer. It's still under warranty till October.

Quick Reply: ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stab Sys. codes