PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stab Sys. codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Default ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stab Sys. codes

What the hell is goin on with my hummer.These damn codes show up out of the blue. Also, it will not shift into 4wd low. It is goin in to the dealer on Friday. I am sick of all the little things that constantly come up with this truck. Does GM have the worst quality control ever? I had the head replaced. Entire fuse box needed replaced within 1000 miles of purchase. Crack roof rails, bad rear washer fluid pump. Several more electrical problems. I can't believe I am seriously considering going back to Jeep!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Default RE: ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stab Sys. codes

IT IS NOT SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calm down..I was pissed first time I got them also. The cause is one of two things...the most common is a loose plug at the transfer case...the other is a loose plug underhood at the pcm. I have had this happen about 5 times and each time the plug at the t-case is loose...just unplug all the plugs down there, clean em with some compressed air spray and some electronic cleaner and replug. the problem will go away.

this was a common issue with 06 h3's and there is never anythign broke...loose connections can give some funny error codes.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:41 PM

and as far as GM...get real..please!!! I was a mechanic at Mercedes/porsche...even they had issues....no car is perfect. My jeep cost MORE than my h3 and U have had two new windshields cause they crack for no reason, have had a severe leak from the a pillar...the alarm goes off if I hit the door lock button twice..on the door!! not the remote. My son sets the damn thing off all the time and now that he knows about it he thinks it's funny and does it constantly...pisses me off!! The rear locking diff broke and was replaced, I know your upset and I am a Jeep fa, but they are no better than a GM vehicle

Old 03-17-2008, 01:21 PM

This happened to me 6 months ago, follow the instructions below should work!!![/align]ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stab Sys. codes[/align][/align]SERV STAB/TRACTION FAILED with NO indicator lights on the 4 wheel drive setting switches (including normal unlocked four wheel drive): This usually indicates the TCCM (Transfer Case Shift Control Module; aka TCSCM) has failed. Replacement of the TCCM is necessary, and usually takes about fifteen minutes (it is located behind the passenger side I/P end cover, so access is easy.)[/align][/align]GM just published a PI (primarily investigation report) from technical assistance that states cycling the 4wd buttons fifty times, may help to clean the contacts in the encoder motor. One cycle is going from 4 wheel standard to 4 wheel lock hi, to lock low, and then the locking axle (if so equipped).
[/align][/align]Cycling the 4wd buttons fifty times will work, but what they don't mention is for this to work you need to turn the key to accessories DO NOT START THE ENGINEput the shifter in to neutral and start cycling from 4wd, 4wd hi lock and 4wd low lock fifty times, after you have done this put the shifter back to park, start the engine and if you are lucky like I was it will clean out the contacts and go back to normal. [/align][/align][/align]

Old 03-17-2008, 01:31 PM

Does this happen with 5-speeds???

Old 03-17-2008, 03:33 PM

it is located behind the passenger side I/P end cover, so access is easy

Where exactly is this located???

Also, will this cause it to NOT shift into 4wd low?

Old 03-17-2008, 07:34 PM

You don't need to locate the I/P, just follow the proceedure of the cycling, this will clean the contacts in the encoder motor, when you start cycling you will hear the encoder motor clicking for a few seconds, wait till it's done then press the next button 4WD HI lock and so on.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:44 AM

ORIGINAL: brachilius

it is located behind the passenger side I/P end cover, so access is easy

Where exactly is this located???

Also, will this cause it to NOT shift into 4wd low?
Open the passenger side front door and pull off the cover on the end of the dash. Probably not where your issue is, but it has three wiring harnesses on it if you want to check the plugs.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:57 AM

Had this problemon my H3 (2007) and my Wife's H3 (2008). Went to the dealership and they told me the Transfer Case Shift Control Module (TCSCM) has failed and that there is a bulletin out for it. They simply replaced the module and never had the problem since!

Old 07-05-2008, 02:25 PM

I have the same problem to my h3. Went to my local dealership, they claim they cannot reproduce the problem. So they claim the battery got some problem and 'fixed' it (so that they can claim money from gm?). Got home and the problem comes up again. Called GM headquater . They say they cannot do anything. Like American cars, but so sick of of the service from American Car monopolists. Can't they learn a lesson before all of them got sold to Indian companies or Japanese companies?

Quick Reply: ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stab Sys. codes