PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 hummer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 12:00 PM

Happythree, I made that comment, "(I don't ever engage 4wL or lock)" because a lot of ppl come back asking or assuming that maybe it got stuck in 4WL or 4H lock at some point and that I drove it for some extended period like that. I was just covering the bases and trying to do so in as few words as possible. We all know if you drive around in 4H lock all the time on hard surfaces or God forbid in 4L lock on hard surfaces, damage will occur over time.

I completely agree with you and everyone else, there should not be ANY bearing damage what so ever to the front axle assy. I will post pics in a few. It is uncanny! I'm at a total loss for words.

My list is very common among 2006 H3's. If you're not seeing it on this and other H3 forums, then I respectfully say that you are not reading very much. I've been active in several Hummers forums now since I began having troubles in 2008 when I needed answers to hard to explain questions, like the mysterious vibration at idle. I'm no stranger to internal combustion engines of any kind including turbines and this is one mystery that apparently not even GM can seem to solve.

I'm not offended by you, I just don't appreciate when anyone makes assumptions or accusations about me personally and my personal situation that they know absolutely nothing about; aka, "Common denominator, the owner". Freud, Hartmann and Rapaport would have a field day reading this stuff!

Old 12-19-2013, 12:13 PM

egroegart; I've replaced EVERYTHING! No cleaning of any sensors required, they are all brand new, every last one of them. Even ones you might not think of including coil packs, the head, you name it! The ONLY thing I have not replaced is the fuel injectors. Could that be it? Do I want to spend another ~$1,500++ to find out that they were just fine? No. :/ Bear in mind, it has been doing this since 45k miles. The new head does seem to have added more pep though. Doesn't downshift going up hills like it did. In my case, very high bridges.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:16 PM

Songman; I fear that will be my next "big" issue. THAT is why I am getting genuinely worried. At what point do I quit throwing $$$ into this thing? Like you and everyone else here, despite all the issues, I still LOVE my Hummer and I still cannot imagine what else I would drive. Like the old ad said, "Hummer, Like nothing else" and it is so very true. If it only did have so many issues! Clearly folks, I got a bum deal. Pics to come.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by keystone
Skeptic, I bought it NEW and I live at the coast of SC and it always been garaged and *never* off road! Why do you guys feel so free to assume that I have abused my pride and joy that I spent $43k on? I'm a 50 year old aerospace engineer, not some 20 year old punk living off daddy's money. I'm seeing a lot of denial on this topic.
You misread my meaning. I don't doubt that you bought it new and have taken good care of it. What I'm saying is those problems don't sound normal, they sound like what I'd expect from an H3 that went through years of abuse. Call it bad luck, a Friday car, a problematic '06, or just the random lemon that every manufacturer occasionally puts out.... Many people avoid new model years as they always seem to have some bugs to work out, but this was a whole new model.

The point is, a well taken care of H3 should not have those problems. I understand your frustration, I would be mad as well. Still though, I wouldn't write off GM or even H3s because of it. I certainly wouldn't presume to tell you what you should do, but after a possibly rocky start the H3 improved and actually scores very well in reliability. Here is just one page that sums it up nicely, as well as indicating there were issues with the '06 drivetrain:
2009 Hummer H3 Reliability - MSN Autos

Old 12-19-2013, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by keystone
My list is very common among 2006 H3's. If you're not seeing it on this and other H3 forums, then I respectfully say that you are not reading very much.
This may be true for me as well. When I see 2006 H3 I think head problems, new model, lots of bugs, weird place for window controls, then my eyes glaze over and I move on to a new thread. Perhaps you might be happy with a newer H3?

Old 12-19-2013, 12:56 PM

yeah, you might notice that I work for accuracy and throw in some sarcasm for fun/freedom.
btw,"damage will occur over time. ' is true but mostly ground up chains and gears and tires and probably not bearings!
WOW, I read it

user rating

2009 Hummer H3 Reliability - MSN Autos

sounds tooo good

Last edited by happythree; 12-19-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:02 PM

Skeptic; the H3 actually came out in '05 as an '06. They are easy to spot. They have the orange parking light DRL's and the black hub centers. I have neither. I have a mid to late '06 where they had supposedly worked out some known bugs, but your point is well taken. That is not always the case though. In Oct. 2003, I bought the brand new '04 Mazda RX8 (special ordered), again based on its engineering marvel and uniqueness). Never had issues with it. It did however get far worse fuel econ than ANY Hummer EVER and was completely impractical so I got rid of it and got a loaded '04 Silverado (new) then the H3 new on '06. The Silverado was quite possibly the best vehicle I've ever owned and I should have kept it longer.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:03 PM

Happythree; gonna post some pics for ya. Let me get them uploaded to my server and link them.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:25 PM

Here is post 1 of 3 for pics:

Attached Thumbnails 2014 hummer?-h3-03.jpg   2014 hummer?-h3-04.jpg   2014 hummer?-h3-05.jpg   2014 hummer?-h3-06.jpg   2014 hummer?-h3-07.jpg  

Old 12-19-2013, 01:27 PM

Here is post 2 of 3 for pics:

Attached Thumbnails 2014 hummer?-h3-08.jpg   2014 hummer?-h3-09.jpg   2014 hummer?-h3-10.jpg   2014 hummer?-h3-10a.jpg   2014 hummer?-h3-10b.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2014 hummer?