PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2007 Hummer H3 fuel door replacement

Old 01-15-2015, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

If you are afraid to PULL the OEM fuel door off, and in order to remove it you have to pull it, I do not know what to tell you. What do you think the bozos at the dealer are going to do different?

All that holds it in place 5 wimpy little clips, they have similar strength to the clips that hold interior pieces in place. Did you ever pull interior pieces out before? If you are going to let 5 wimpy little clips kick your azz, then I can't help you.

Good luck.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:02 PM

I purchased my new fuel door from e-bay and it's Billet style fuel door, not original OEM GM one. So installation for new one is completely different from OEM. And my question: how and which way original fuel door is attached to the plastic inside and to the fender? Is it kept in place by glue, silicone or what else?

Old 01-15-2015, 10:18 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by collega
And my question: how and which way original fuel door is attached to the plastic inside and to the fender? Is it kept in place by glue, silicone or what else?
Screws, but you gotta pull like hell preying you don't break it !!!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled on mine like Doc Olds said and I busted my Fender all to hell.

No I need to buy a whole new rear Fender fascia

H3 = LEMON

Old 01-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by H3Ray
Screws, but you gotta pull like hell preying you don't break it !!!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled on mine like Doc Olds said and I busted my Fender all to hell.

No I need to buy a whole new rear Fender fascia

H3 = LEMON
Let's see some pics!

Old 01-16-2015, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by collega
my question: how and which way original fuel door is attached to the plastic inside and to the fender? Is it kept in place by glue, silicone or what else?
Are you serious? Is English your second language?

I linked the installation instructions for the OEM fuel door, did you read that? 5 little clips is all that hods the OEM door to the fender. I can't tell you if the somebody glued your door to the truck, but the installation instructions make it pretty darn clear what holds the door in place. If you can't remove that, I think you should give up attempting to work on any vehicles, beyond your abilities.

Best of luck.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Pics

There is a plastic cup, and a door with frame, and 5 little clips, and 5 little rubber hole plugs.

See the clips in the bag? There are five plastic prongs on the back side of the door frame that slip into the clips that are pushed into the five little holes that are drilled into the fender plastic. No screws, no glue, no kryptonite, just 5 tiny little clips.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Are you serious? Is English your second language?

I linked the installation instructions for the OEM fuel door, did you read that? 5 little clips is all that hods the OEM door to the fender. I can't tell you if the somebody glued your door to the truck, but the installation instructions make it pretty darn clear what holds the door in place. If you can't remove that, I think you should give up attempting to work on any vehicles, beyond your abilities.

Best of luck.
Yes, English is my second language. I am native Ukrainian and came to Canada about 15 years ago with my family and $10,000 USD in my pocket! So since that time I worked hard and got what I got! And in that case I can just count on myself, but not on Papa's or Mom's money. I can speek freely at least three languages. Yes my English is far from being William Shekspire's one but still is not so bad. Try to learn at least several words in any completely new language for You and after that You will understand how hard it is!
But any way, thank You very much for Your help, pics and detailed description. And I can do with my hands many different things( including braking some stuff too), but I don't want to make any damage to the things, I am not very familiar with! That's why I asked You many questions.
Back home we have joke: If you have power- You don't need to use brains! So I try to use my power wisely, before I break something!
But, thank You very much, one more time for all Your help!

Old 08-24-2015, 04:01 PM

woops!

Last edited by Retired Baby Boomer; 08-24-2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: wrong thread. Sorry!
Old 11-19-2015, 08:51 AM
Cool Chrome Fuel Door Removal

OK, so I too have to replace the chrome fuel door and I have the replacement door in hand. I've read through the instructions and I do see where it's held on with the plastic studs pushed into the metal clips. Then I also read where people have broken their fenders pulling it off. Is there a recommended way to pull it off so I don't wind up with the entire rear qtr panel coming off with it? After all, most of the Hummer exterior is plastic anyway.....

Old 11-19-2015, 09:11 AM

I'm getting ready to purchase an aftermarket billet gas cap door. My H3 currently has a black aftermarket unit that is NOT HELD ON WITH CLIPS. I can look into the area and see actual bolts (appear to be about 1/4", fine thread) in the slight gap between the fender and the gas cap door, installed from the backside. So my question is: how do I remove the rear fender to get at that backside? Anyone got a link to a "how-to"?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Hummer H3 fuel door replacement