PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2007 H3 - Start Issues - Ignition -Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Default 2007 H3 - Start Issues - Ignition -Alarm

Hi all, just purchased a 2007 H3 about 6 months ago, I love the truck, fun to drive and looks great. I've been lurking hear reading up on everything and I have an issue I was hoping I could get some advice on.

I noticed a slight clunk in the steering wheel when I turned, I took it to a GM mechanic and they said that the steering column was separating, they replaced the parts and fixed it, no more sound. However, I have been having issues now where the truck wont start, it turns on, tries to start but wont turn over, I checked the fuel pump fuse and such, I was thinking it was the fuel pump but then I noticed that the truck would restart after about 10 minutes, a simple search reveled that many have this problem with the alarm and ignition locking it out for 10 minutes. This is pretty much my same issue.

Anyway, my question is, do you feel that it would be fair for me to assume the work they did on the steering could have caused this issue, or do you feel its unrelated. I kind of feel that since they removed everything to work on the steering, the ignition being part of that, that something may have gone wrong.

What would you do?

Old 08-02-2016, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Catdaddy
What would you do?
Yes, they had to lower the steering column to replace the steering shafts.
Yes, the ignition switch is in the column and causing your issue.

1- Take it back to them and have them check the connector to the ignition switch.

or

2-Drop the knee bolster and steering column trim, and check the connector to the ignition switch (disconnect the connector and reconnect it making sure it is secured).

More info here on how to access the ignition switch:

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...y-fails-33752/

GL

Old 08-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Default Thanks!

Great, thanks, Just had it fail again, Alarm light stays on, took about 20 minutes to reset this time. I will contact the mechanic that did the steering job.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:14 PM
Default Update Help

Originally Posted by Catdaddy
Great, thanks, Just had it fail again, Alarm light stays on, took about 20 minutes to reset this time. I will contact the mechanic that did the steering job.
Hi everyone, hope I could get some advice again, I heard back from the mechanics they say its an "Ignition code" and will cost me $500 and they said it was not related to them working on the steering. My issue is this was not a problem until I picked up my car right after they worked on the steering that also happens to mean they took the ignition out. Anyone familiar with what they are talking about?

Old 08-18-2016, 04:39 PM

Sorry, it was not an ignition code, it was the ignition switch, they are claiming they just moved it over to the new steering parts and did not touch it otherwise, code he said was B2960. Is this too expensive, it is plausible they did not touch the ignition with this job?