PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2006 H3: Service Stab Sys, Traction Failed, Reduced Power II.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 09:58 PM

I have a 06 H3 and mine went to reduced power mode off and on for months. A battery disconnect and reconnect seemed to work for awhile until one day it didn't. Took it in and they replaced my throttle body. H3 ran smoother but it went back into Reduced power mode. On a whim I disconnected my Air Mass Sensor flow by the air filter and started it up. The dash still showed Reduced Power mode but the H3 ran like nothing was wrong. I ran some Mass Air Cleaner through the sensor and so far it is running good again but I am always worried now that Reduced power mode is gonna pop up at the worst time. Getting the PCM switched out tomorrow by the dealer but if you're in a bind try disconnecting the mass air flow sensor.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:48 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Crazyfedexguy
I have a 06 H3 and mine went to reduced power mode off and on for months. A battery disconnect and reconnect seemed to work for awhile until one day it didn't. Took it in and they replaced my throttle body. H3 ran smoother but it went back into Reduced power mode. On a whim I disconnected my Air Mass Sensor flow by the air filter and started it up. The dash still showed Reduced Power mode but the H3 ran like nothing was wrong. I ran some Mass Air Cleaner through the sensor and so far it is running good again but I am always worried now that Reduced power mode is gonna pop up at the worst time. Getting the PCM switched out tomorrow by the dealer but if you're in a bind try disconnecting the mass air flow sensor.
To quote a moderator on ALL of your posts today.
Originally Posted by Doc Olds
This would be considered a duplicate post, which is frowned upon here.

Your blanket statement is not a safe assumption. MAF sensor input plays a role in triggering reduced power mode in only a limited circumstance. It may be important if you would have pulled the code stored in the PCM when the reduced power mode illuminated, but without that code, it is just a guess likely to cause other people more trouble than when they started.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:48 PM
Default The fix

What did you do to fix it? My hummer is having the same problem

Old 05-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Thomas Bresnahan
What did you do to fix it? My hummer is having the same problem
Same problem as what??????

This thread was wandered all over the map by previous posters with different problems in different vehicle.

What year and model is yours?
Have you had it scanned for any stored codes, if so post them, if not, go have an auto parts scan it.

Use the search function here, it can be your friend when you bother to use it.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:02 AM
Default Question

I just got the reduced power service engine light service stab system lights and had just pulled very slowly into my driveway. My husband checked the oil because my daughter had a similar experience with her Jeep that didn't end well and it was very low. Put oil in and still have service engine light but not other codes and seems to be accelerating ok now. Would all those things occur from low oil? Don't hear any knocking etc

Old 01-02-2018, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Melanie Allen Hartley
I just got the reduced power service engine light service stab system lights and had just pulled very slowly into my driveway. My husband checked the oil because my daughter had a similar experience with her Jeep that didn't end well and it was very low. Put oil in and still have service engine light but not other codes and seems to be accelerating ok now. Would all those things occur from low oil? Don't hear any knocking etc
NO. Oil level has nothing to do with it.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
You mean that every time Service Stab Sys, Traction Failed, Reduced Power appears in the DIC it is always just the PCM?

.... and you have reached that conclusion without even knowing what the code was that his truck stored.

Was the code(s) you had the same as Chads?

Well that rules out the other 30 - 40 possibilities rather quickly. Thank you so much.
I'm LOL right while thinking about this post.

My wife's '11 regal went into "limp" mode (reduced power mode) earlier this week. She made it home and yes all the warning lights were on the dashboard. She only has 45k miles on it and it has been well taken care of. First thing, I pulled the code- 2x p2135 p2135. Throttle body sensor issue, I then checked to verify the connector was in contact. I then went to my identifix and found that there is a known issue for the connector to the throttle body: "crimp to fix". I did it, cleaned the connector and added some of my dielectric grease to it, went through the relearn procedure and all was normal.
I also found a gm special coverage adjustment #14582 that covers replacement of the throttle body: 10 years 120,000 miles, so
I dropped the car off at the dealer the next day (the computer cleared the code on the way there) and told them the throttle body needed replaced under the special coverage adjustment :10years 120,000 miles.
They called me later that day and said: "they could not find a problem with my throttle body, it must be the pcm and that will cost you $890.00, to replace"
After laughing at the service manager and questioning his technician's experience, + asking why he would not honor the "throttle body:special coverage adjustment", I realized, there is nothing wrong with the throttle body, just the connector! I also realized they were trying to rip me off, by replacing my perfectly good working pcm!
Btw, 5days later and the regal still runs like normal.

edit: my 07 h3 still has the original throttle body and the original pcm and still runs and drives like the day I purchased it.

Last edited by hummerz; 01-06-2018 at 05:17 PM.