Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

07 H3 DVD headrest help

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 03:27 AM
Default 07 H3 DVD headrest help

Hi, I recently acquired a 2007 H3 and it came with the DVD headrest and two headsets. I am wondering how can I get the sound to go throughout the car and not just through the headset? And also if possible how to get the two headsets to play the same movie without having to have two copies of the movie? Thanks!

Old 11-15-2014, 11:42 AM

I think you'll have to change out your head unit if you are running stock...New. head unit that plays dvds and then wire the two head rests to be just monitors...it would involve taking the head rests apart and running wires down the inside of your seats and under the carpet to the center console. ..

Old 12-19-2014, 04:00 PM

did you figure this out? If not let me know ... i might be able to help

Old 12-25-2014, 03:57 AM

If they are the factory head rest DVD's they simply play through the head unit FM radio.

Same with the disk, you can either play two different DVD's through each screen, or just play the one through both screens.

Please ignore ODIMUS reply, as he has no clue what so ever about head rest DVD's.

If they are non factory DVD system then I have no idea. They should look like what is in my H3 if they are genuine:

Name:  IMG_1079.jpg
Views: 2022
Size:  134.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3564_zps4b390144.jpg
Views: 1613
Size:  49.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3565_zps9e8e4bbf.jpg
Views: 1592
Size:  47.6 KB

Old 12-26-2014, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Aussie H3
If they are the factory head rest DVD's they simply play through the head unit FM radio.

Same with the disk, you can either play two different DVD's through each screen, or just play the one through both screens.

Please ignore ODIMUS reply, as he has no clue what so ever about head rest DVD's.

If they are non factory DVD system then I have no idea. They should look like what is in my H3 if they are genuine:

I'm just going under the assumption that they are not factory given the info he posted...I don't know about the Hummers stock setup and if it is a single or dual zone setup...would need more info for the stock...
By the way I like your setup Aussi...I would eventually like to setup a dual zone in mine depending on what I can find...

Last edited by ODIMUS; 12-26-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by ODIMUS
I'm just going under the assumption that they are not factory given the info he posted...I don't know about the Hummers stock setup and if it is a single or dual zone setup...would need more info for the stock...
By the way I like your setup Aussi...I would eventually like to setup a dual zone in mine depending on what I can find...
Just buy the factory set up on ebay, plenty for sale in the US and plenty cheap compared to here, I bought mine from the US and convinced the seller to post to Australia.

I then had to work out how to change the region, many say it's impossible, but I made mine region free, so it can play any DVD from anywhere in the world now.

It's great for kids, I have two and they can watch separate DVD's each, or the same one. You can use the infra red head phones supplied or simply plug head phones into the head rest, or the sound can be played through the factory head unit. It's fully integrated and took me about 6 hrs to fit myself at home.

Old 11-18-2023, 07:40 AM
Default H3 DVD headrest

Originally Posted by Aussie H3
Just buy the factory set up on ebay, plenty for sale in the US and plenty cheap compared to here, I bought mine from the US and convinced the seller to post to Australia.

I then had to work out how to change the region, many say it's impossible, but I made mine region free, so it can play any DVD from anywhere in the world now.

It's great for kids, I have two and they can watch separate DVD's each, or the same one. You can use the infra red head phones supplied or simply plug head phones into the head rest, or the sound can be played through the factory head unit. It's fully integrated and took me about 6 hrs to fit myself at home.
Hey, I have these in my H3T but I need to replace one. They are original Hummer DVDs like your picture. Do you know where I can get a replacement for one of these ? The screen got scratched and I want to replace it. I was a memeber on the old site but guess it no longer exists. Thanks.... please reply. bjab

Old 11-19-2023, 05:01 PM

You will just have to find some for sale somewhere, have not looked for any, still have mine in my car which is still going.

Wreckers / eBay / Gumtree / Marketplace / Forums etc.

Old 11-20-2023, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bjab
Hey, I have these in my H3T but I need to replace one. They are original Hummer DVDs like your picture. Do you know where I can get a replacement for one of these ? The screen got scratched and I want to replace it. I was a memeber on the old site but guess it no longer exists. Thanks.... please reply. bjab
Dug up a NINE YEAR OLD Thread to ask a question???????????????? READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'