PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Somebody talk me into an Sut

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Default Somebody talk me into an Sut

So currently I have two vehicles. 08 supercharged H2 suv and a 2010 caddy CTS. I've been seeing an increase in a need for a truck bed. I don't haul gravel or dirt or anything like that but mowers and just generally small dirty things that don't need to be kept inside. Anytime I need to haul something of that nature I either have to hook up to the trailer or borrow a pickup. This is getting old.

The CTS is by far the worse vehicle I have ever owned so I will be trading it in. So my question is how useful is the sut bed? I know practically speaking the best thing to do is buy a Silverado/sierra as they are cheap and easy to find. I have owned 3 of these in the past and while they are useful I find them pretty bland.

So someone please talk me into an sut.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:24 PM

If you want to stay Hummer, get an H3T Alpha. I think you'd be much happier if your needs are for a truck bed.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:00 PM

I have considered the h3t they are just so hard to find. Especially with v8.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by ryaleon
I have considered the h3t they are just so hard to find. Especially with v8.
Yep - very hard to find a v8 h3t. On the other hand, the H2 SUT doesn't have much of a bed, and access to it is quite high. If you need a truck bed, you probably want a regular pick-up.

I have a '96 Ford Ranger (given to us when my father-in-law died). Nothing to write home about, but when I need a truck bed it's there and it's handy. Maybe picking up a cheap pick-up just for those times when you need one is a better idea than trying to replace a main vehicle?

Or just go buy an Avalanche. Not a Hummer, but a very nice SUV like vehicle with a truck bed, v8 power, and easy to find.

Old 07-05-2015, 02:19 PM

The avalanche probably is the best for what I need. I used to have a 2011. The sut is just so damned cool.

Old 07-05-2015, 08:50 PM

Well, ya, the SUT is cool. Looks much better than the regular H2 IMHO, but even with the midgate that I believe they have the bed area just looks a lot less practical.

We used to have an Avalanche as well, great vehicle.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:25 PM

I personally don't care for the SUT. I think the wagons look the best, even in the H1. Don't the SUT's have issues with water leakage with the rear window/gate thing that separates the bed to the cabin? Not to mention, if you want a tonneu cover you'll pay out the **** for one.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Banned

I own a SUT, my opinion, it beats the SUV hands down, in the looks dept..

But i digress, the SUT, is a joke when it comes to being a pickup type vehicle, these really is no room, to haul anything big..

I would just go out and buy a pickup truck, if thats what you need, you will be better off...

Old 07-09-2015, 11:29 AM

Well that's what I needed to hear. Guess I will go Avy or h3t if I find one.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:11 PM

I have an 05 SUT- I bought a soft-top and installed mounting brackets for two rear seats from an 08-09 H2. I replaced the 2nd row with 08-09 H2 buckets. The intentions (when I continue the project) is to remove the mid-gate (mine has never leaked) and have a 6 passenger with removable top in the rear. My first was an SUV my second was SUT and recently added another SUV. After many years of the SUT, I must say that I've enjoyed to ease of loading items in the back of the SUV with it's hatch back and no tire carrier. I think the true H2 owner has no choice but to have both.

Quick Reply: Somebody talk me into an Sut