PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Wondering about H2 costs

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Default Wondering about H2 costs

I've gotten tons of info off this sight in the past. Sadly, last year I traded in my H3 (for the same price I paid for it) and got a F250. But times change and now I'm itching for an H2.

There is one local that is reasonably priced. However, I get the feeling it hasn't been taken care of. Carfax claims it was lease vehicle up north and has some rusting issues. The Nav system claims to need a disc. Leather has some rips and interior would be just OK condition. Tires are fine now, but will need to be replaced within a year.

It's a base model with rear springs and I was wondering what costs may occur? I would be in it for the long haul, so when will the T-mission go and how much will it cost? Is it possible to get 15mpg on the hwy?

Thanks in advance, I'm just looking to see what people actually put into their H2s.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:35 AM

not alot to go off there...how about atleast the mileage?

Old 05-20-2012, 01:18 PM

90K. Not too bad

Old 05-20-2012, 02:26 PM

I would not buy one with rips in interior. A new interior would not be cheap.
The rust I would not like either. I would look some more before I bought.

As far as maintenance It should be about the same as a suburban, expedition etc.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:48 PM

Torn Interior, rust? it better be for sale cheap! like 7k cheap. In my honest opinion if its rusted dont buy it.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:36 PM

Honestly I have never seen an H2 w/ rust on it...in michigan there is more salt than snow on the roads. I've seen the paint delaminate and the drivetrain have surface rust from not being painted, but thats it.

You can always put on seat covers if the price is right, I certaintly wouldnt exclude a truck because of that.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:20 PM

not to mention you can find replacement leather oem covers from time to time online-brand new interior!

As for the rust, I've seen plenty of pics of drivetrains/suspension rusted to hell-worst than I've seen on most vehicles. Even my AZ truck shows some surface rust. Now if you're talking about body rust and not drivetrain I would steer clear of that thing!

Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 PM

I live in L.A. and I have seen an H2 in my shop with all kinds of body rust on it. (car was probably from another state) I remember that car because its the only one I've ever seen with rust on it like that. so I picture that one in my mind when someone says "has some rust on it." If were just talking a little surface rust on the undercarriage then I'm not too worried about it.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:14 AM

Pass. It's one thing to repair stuff that you didn't see about to go out. Ball joint. Tie rods. But when you are going into it already needing to fix it. No no no.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Default leather interior

Originally Posted by nlhummer
I would not buy one with rips in interior. A new interior would not be cheap.
The rust I would not like either. I would look some more before I bought.

As far as maintenance It should be about the same as a suburban, expedition etc.

I replaced all my leather seats in my H2 and it cost me $1595.00 for leather and labor. Not bad at all and my interior now looks like a brand new car.

Quick Reply: Wondering about H2 costs