PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Will this camera installation works

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 09:49 PM
Default Will this camera installation works

I want to power the camera with the reverse lights but also to be able to manual turn it on while driving
Will this set up works.

The aftermarket radio(dnx571hd) has a violet wire that need to be connected to the camera .
Under regular install will switching to accessory screen power the camera while driving or the extra switch is needed
Will this camera installation works-camera-setup_0.jpg

Last edited by H2Miami; 10-14-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:27 PM

I found this

"
run the power wire for the camera up to the red ACC wire at the radio and hook the reverse wire from the radio up to the reverse light. this way the camera will only be on when the radio is turned on so it can be manually selected when ever you want, and also the radio will switch over to it when the car is in reverse automatically."

I guess not need for the switch or diode. Also the unit is supposed to turn camera on whee pressed aux for a few sec

Old 10-15-2015, 09:18 AM

to me, i think it would still need a diode, so that the feedback doesnt back to the radio. Why risk not putting a diode in there for assurance, though?

your lights may turn on every time you flip the switch or turn the camera on with the radio LOL

will be interesting to find out.
steve

Old 10-15-2015, 09:36 PM

Thamk you for your replay

I just finished the install .. CAME OUT GREAT

Camera 12v wire connected to the Radio power ( this way the camera only got power while the key is on )

Most aftermarket units had a purple wire which goes to the Reverse wire ( driver side black box next to the brake pedal " light green wire , top,right") . this allows the unit to switch to camera when reverse is selected

The Kenwood DNX571HD had an option, pressing the Tel button for 1 sec turn screen to Cam view , even while driving , so no need for a second switch or the diode

Do not connect camera power 12v directly to the reverse lamps if you want to see camera while driving (this way camera will be powered only while reverse is selected)

Here it is the info for the camera installed

Amazon.com : Clarion CAU001 Illuminated License Plate Camera Mounting Kit : Automotive License Plate Frames : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Clarion CAU001 Illuminated License Plate Camera Mounting Kit : Automotive License Plate Frames : Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Clarion Corporation of America CC510 Compact Automotive Color Camera with Distance Markers for CAU001 License Plate Frame: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Clarion Corporation of America CC510 Compact Automotive Color Camera with Distance Markers for CAU001 License Plate Frame: Car Electronics

Old 10-16-2015, 08:00 AM

Some pics
Will this camera installation works-img_6025.jpg
Will this camera installation works-i0000010.jpg

Old 10-16-2015, 08:01 AM

glad you got it all taken care of!

steve

Old 10-16-2015, 06:47 PM

Thanks for the update!
This'll save me a lot of time in the future. Great upgrade.
Wow, mine looks washed out in comparison to yours!
I'll be bookmarking this for later projects.

Two quick questions.
1. Was the wiring difficult?
2. Can you view the reverse camera while driving?

Old 10-17-2015, 02:06 PM

Running the wire was very easy with this setup the camera mount to the Lisence plate . Which comes with white LED light . Looks much better than factory plate light .
Wire was run as showed in this video :

Camera while driving?
Here it is the asnwer to your question

However the turning screen for rear camera depends on the connection and the aftermarket unit
I guess most comes with this feature

Let me know if can help with any thing else

Old 10-17-2015, 09:50 PM

Thanks for the videos.
That is awesome! This'll be on my to-do list.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:10 AM

I have a cam mounted in the spare wheel same as yours but the lens keeps getting dirty.

Does anyone know of trick in keeping it clean, a mini wiper might be OTT but open to suggestions

Quick Reply: Will this camera installation works