Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

where to buy airdoc and what filter

Old 02-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Default where to buy airdoc and what filter

want to buy an airdoc but only found it on the site--it's for my 04 H2, also what filter do you recommend--i'm going to use a superchips flashpaq, is that alright-- biggest deal is i want more mileage, 2nd power if i wanted it for towing (does flashpaq do a tow tune too?) any other recommendations. i know this pops up alot, but interested and ready to do this to get to playing!!
thanks

Old 03-02-2011, 07:15 PM

I don't think they are sold at any dealers. The man who makes them sells them from home or a shop if I'm not mistaken. I have a stock AirRaid filter on mine.

Hope I answered your question

Old 03-02-2011, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by alexan33
want to buy an airdoc but only found it on the site
AIR DOC for the H2:
http://airdocintakes.com/product_four.htm

PM Doc Olds on here, he is the owner of Air Doc Intakes. He can answer most of your questions.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Default thanks guys

thanks guys--olnly last question is when i buy it my do i need to have any changes to my hypertech tune economy tune? thanks again

Old 03-05-2011, 08:52 AM

the problem with all METAL intake tubes is that they HEAT UP, they act like Heat Sinks and absorb the heat in the engine compartment. you should really get a plastic or carbon fiber intake tube. The metal, aluminum and SS tubes all heat up ALOT, thus working against your cold air intake. get a plastic tube or carbon fiber. if you have a metal intake tube, after driving around for alil, go grab the tube. it will be very hot, sending HOT air into your intake manifold. Just an FYI. This is coming from personal experience.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by PINZ
the problem with all METAL intake tubes is that they HEAT UP, they act like Heat Sinks and absorb the heat in the engine compartment. you should really get a plastic or carbon fiber intake tube. The metal, aluminum and SS tubes all heat up ALOT, thus working against your cold air intake. get a plastic tube or carbon fiber. if you have a metal intake tube, after driving around for alil, go grab the tube. it will be very hot, sending HOT air into your intake manifold. Just an FYI. This is coming from personal experience.
Quoted from Air Doc:
"A 16Ga. steel pipe is not going to crack, or have small pieces break off and potentially get sucked in the intake, like the plastic tube making competition, whichhas lead them to have product recalls."
"The metal pipe actually picks up far less heat than I anticipated. There is insignificant heat soak as the intake air travels through the pipe to the throttle bodyquickly.
It is just barely warm to touch after hours of running the engine. In stop and go traffic on a high heat day, your intake cannot do anything for you in that situation anyway."
"There is always gonna be somebody who says......oooh that metal intake might get hotter than plastic?...
just not the case. Thesteel intake pipe is not in contact with any metal, so the heating you have to deal with is mostly radiant heat, with some convection heat transfer by the underhood air.... the engine and exhaust radiate heat, the air gets hot under the hood, everything under the hood gets heated, plastic, rubber, metal, belts, wiring, battery etc... No rocket science there.
Start moving, and the air movement begins to remove heat."
"You could wrap it in heat tape if you want, but it is not needed. The pipe DOES NOT GET HOT!!!!It is an intake, not an exhaust pipe. You cab grab that pipe the second you shut off the 3 and pop open the hood, warm is what you will find, just like the air filter box, silicone couplers, brake fluid reservior, battery box..... I think you get the point.

"There will always be somebody, like they did in this thread, that says they think a metal intake pipe will get hotter than a plastic. Plastic, metal, rubber......... whatever, all gets heated by the same source to nearly the same temperature. Great observation, just nota fact as it relates to an intake for a passenger vehicle like the H3.Now, if the pipe were bolted to the engine by a metal bracket in some way, then it would be constantly heated by that metal to metal contact and it could possibly be an issue?"

Old 03-06-2011, 08:12 AM

ok. im sorry. i was just saying what i have encountered. i used an aluminum intake pipe and it got really hot on my H2. so i went to a plastic pipe and have not had any problems. i guess a thick gauge metal pipe is better.