Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What have you done to your h2 today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 11:05 PM

Come visit us here in a great white north" ... Last winter I got to Southern Ontario ,
Quebec is on my list for sure . Got to plan for a winter

BTW .. Lets start a thread for Hummer road trip ...

Old 03-31-2015, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
upgrade the tranny cooler and put it 2000 miles in 5 days ,

BTW citiboy where are you going with the road trip
Can you share the details on the type of tranny cooler, etc.. you went with? I am wanting to do the same thing and obviously what you did worked !!

Old 03-31-2015, 09:08 PM

Took my wheels off and up to Discount to be balanced: Took the wheels off today to get them rebalanced because I had a feeling TireRack did a terrible job on the balancing. I had not issues with the studs I have replaced but broke 2 more studs on the other side (passenger front). I planned ahead and bought 10 studs and a stud installer from Rock Auto so I'll be replacing those tonight.
Come to find out, 3 of the wheels weren't too bad but one tire is out of round. They put a little over 1 pound of weights just to get the thing balanced. I'll definitely be contacting TireRack, Discount says they owe me a new tire since out of round tires are considered reject.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:19 PM

I replaced all of the bulbs in my climate control module. I had a few out so I replaced them all.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Took my wheels off and up to Discount to be balanced: Took the wheels off today to get them rebalanced because I had a feeling TireRack did a terrible job on the balancing. I had not issues with the studs I have replaced but broke 2 more studs on the other side (passenger front). I planned ahead and bought 10 studs and a stud installer from Rock Auto so I'll be replacing those tonight.
Come to find out, 3 of the wheels weren't too bad but one tire is out of round. They put a little over 1 pound of weights just to get the thing balanced. I'll definitely be contacting TireRack, Discount says they owe me a new tire since out of round tires are considered reject.
I'm sorry to hear that. I guess I lucked out with my KO2s.
What wheel was it? What tire too? I'd like to know your set up.

Anyways, one wheel wasn't round?! WHAT?

Old 04-01-2015, 12:38 AM

Method race wheels with Kumho road venture MT's, stock sizes. One tire is out of round according to discount. Seeing over a pound of weights on the inside of the rim was a first for me lol.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:41 AM

I'm having a Viper Alarm System installed today. I love my h2 so much it's about time I put in a good alarm.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:07 AM

@2006sut .. I used a tru max cooler . The biggest model. It fit perfect with very little mods

I will post a link and pics late

Old 04-01-2015, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by NoSpoon
I replaced all of the bulbs in my climate control module. I had a few out so I replaced them all.
how hard to do is this ??? i also have a few bulbs out thinking of going with leds

Old 04-02-2015, 05:39 AM

It's not hard as long as you are comfortable with desoldering and soldering small lamps onto a circuit board. If you go LED they will be mis matched with the rest of the truck. I considered doing them all but I don't want the dash lights to be too bright and all of my dash lights are working now. Here are the bulbs that I used:

12V/50mA Incandescent Bulb : Incandescent Bulbs | RadioShack.com

Refer to Lojac's thread about a total LED swap out.

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by hmer
how hard to do is this ??? i also have a few bulbs out thinking of going with leds

Quick Reply: What have you done to your h2 today?