Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What have you done to your h2 today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Your bump stops look normal. They are supposed to touch, they are a part of the actual suspension and not just bumpers.

For the rear I would check your rear trailing arm bushings, panard rod, coils or air bags depending on your suspension and go from there.

My rig used to shake like crazy in the rear when hitting large bumps. I swapped my lower rear trailing arms for aftermarket arms and the problem went away.
All of my trailing arms & pan hard bar are new (20k miles or so on them).

I guess it would be the coils? I have closer to 138k on these. When I got the rig about 30k miles ago, the suspension was worn out. I guess that's the only obvious thing to swap?
I've never removed springs. If they aren't hard to remove, i guess that would be the best way to tell or is there any way to diagnose the springs w/o removing them?

Last edited by Synthetickiller; 04-09-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:22 AM

Not today, but installed some cool side steps I picked up for really cheap!

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your h2 today?-photo90.jpg  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
All of my trailing arms & pan hard bar are new (20k miles or so on them).

I guess it would be the coils? I have closer to 138k on these. When I got the rig about 30k miles ago, the suspension was worn out. I guess that's the only obvious thing to swap?
I've never removed springs. If they aren't hard to remove, i guess that would be the best way to tell or is there any way to diagnose the springs w/o removing them?

You can either rent a spring compressor to remove the springs without doing anything else or disconnect the sway bar and shocks to lower the rear axle enough to get the springs out. Personally, I find spring compressors a PITA enough to use outside of the vehicle (coil overs) let alone a spring installed in the vehicle. Up to you!

Originally Posted by therealdougkelly
Not today, but installed some cool side steps I picked up for really cheap!

Nice! Where did you get LE steps for cheap?

Old 04-11-2017, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
You can either rent a spring compressor to remove the springs without doing anything else or disconnect the sway bar and shocks to lower the rear axle enough to get the springs out. Personally, I find spring compressors a PITA enough to use outside of the vehicle (coil overs) let alone a spring installed in the vehicle. Up to you!Nice! Where did you get LE steps for cheap?
I'm visiting some relatives in Tampa before heading to Disney for a few days. I checked the LetGo app and saw that there were some nearby.. only about a 30 minute drive.
That's not all he had! He had a few stock chrome gas caps, chrome door handles, spare tires and wheels. All brand new or extremely good condition. He said he used to work for GM when they built the H2 and customers would remove a lot of parts and replace them with aftermarket parts. Whatever the customers no longer wanted, they would give to him.
Never seen so many spare Hummer parts in such good condition in one place.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:09 PM

Washed and waxed and some back to black on the trim. I had my ac blower fan staying on even with ignition off had to go to the salvage yard and get a resistor out of a Yukon it's the old style but got me going for the weekend

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your h2 today?-img_0719.jpg  
Old 04-15-2017, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by T-Ray-4Ray
Washed and waxed and some back to black on the trim. I had my ac blower fan staying on even with ignition off had to go to the salvage yard and get a resistor out of a Yukon it's the old style but got me going for the weekend

Very nice looking 03! Waxing these huge rigs is a chore in itself! Love brick homes BTW!!

Old 04-15-2017, 01:26 PM

I don't find it to bad to wax I use a 6" orbital waxer and liquid carnuba wax takes me about 30 minutes to do

Old 04-16-2017, 04:03 PM
Talking

Happy Easter!

Edit to add one thing I forgot about..... I also swapped out all of the old ugly hex bolts in the dash for new stainless steel ones. Not terribly obvious but they do look a lot better and with a dab of anti-seize on the threads the go in an out smooth as silk. Size I used was 6mm 1.0 x 30mm.

A bit of this I did over the past couple of weeks. Today I gave her a real good cleaning and redid the steering wheel control button lights. Over the past couple of weeks - I located a set of factory chrome wheels in very good condition. I know it goes against the grain of everyone blacking everything out but literally around here it seems like 75% of truck around have all black wheels and it just does not do it for me. So I had a local tire shop pull the literally new brand new Rockstar wheels off and put the tires onto the stock wheels I bought.

Prior owners had a steering wheel cover. Something I'm also not terrible fond of. Problem is it rubbed the wheel so much that it wore through the wheel in places. So I found a great condition Escalade steering wheel on eBay in excellent condition. I went ahead and converted the control buttons to light up red since I've done that to the rest of the dash lighting and installed the wheel. Love it! By the way, yes the Escalade and all other GM trucks from the same years use the exact same steering wheels, just with different airbag covers and some like the Escalade ones have partial wood sections. One other recent thing was I wrapped the roof bars in carbon fiber vinyl.

Another I did this morning was on looking at the wheels it struck me that I might like the look of the Hummer lettering on the center caps being white to match the truck. I also wanted to be able to reverse this if I did not like it. So I got a can of the peel off stuff everyone blacks out their wheels and stuff with but in white. I sprayed about a quarter ounce of it into a cup then took a large syringe with a blunt needle and sucked it up. I then used the needle to deposit the plasti-dip stuff into the letters on the center caps and let them sit and dry while I cleaned the truck. I think it looks pretty spiffy myself. I think I like it enough that I'll redo it sometime soon with actual paint since I know those will eventually come out after a few washes. I'm thinking on also doing the small hotdog shaped insets in the wheel spokes in white too. I might have to test that first in the same way though.

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your h2 today?-img_0935.jpg   What have you done to your h2 today?-img_0797.jpg   What have you done to your h2 today?-img_0934.jpg  

Last edited by MixManSC; 04-17-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:15 AM

Looking good. I always liked the hummers in white. There's a white SUT here in Moscow, and he has the front apron colour coded to match the white. It looks really cool actually.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:41 AM

That's a nice touch on the lettering.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your h2 today?