Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Need Tuner Recom. for Engine Warning Light Correction

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Default Need Tuner Recom. for Engine Warning Light Correction

Greetings,

I've recently picked up an '05 H2. The previous owner put on a custom exhaust, removing the catalytic converter, as well as installed a custom cold air intake. Both modifications are causing error codes turning on my Check Engine Light. I don't want to return to stock and miss out on the minor performance improvements.

Does anyone know offhand what tuners can delete the cat and remove the error code being produced from increased air flow outside the factory range?

Thanks in advance! [I'm new here, if this has been discussed already, my apologies]

Chad

Old 11-10-2019, 12:20 PM

yes if they did not tune out the rear O2 sensors it will give error codes as for the intake what codes are you getting? I know on LS swapped tuned PCM's they do disable or remove the MAF sensors and run off the MAP sensor but those are custom tunes. many tuner programs are capable of doing it but you have to manually compensate for it in the tune files.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:41 AM

Those mods would most likely require HP Tuners or EFI Live to disable what is needed to prevent the SES light from turning on.

They make O2 sensor extensions that move the sensor out of the exhaust flow which in some cases will keep the light off. I've used them a couple times but they are hit and miss.

What codes are you getting?

Neal

Last edited by legerwn; 11-11-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:28 PM

I didn't think to ask the Mechanic to provide the codes, but I can swing by an auto parts store and ask for them to give them to me.

I'd be fine with purchasing a custom tune that automatically does that or where I have to instruct a company rep to do that in the tune, I was hoping somebody could tell me which tuners offer that kind of service. I really don't want to try to get educated to the point that I am messing with the tune myself. I just don't have the time/resource right now.

Thanks to both of you for the fast response!

Chad

Old 11-13-2019, 08:37 PM

Diy without a scanner?

Old 11-13-2019, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Diy without a scanner?
hahaha......good point. I guess it's time to get onboard and get a scanner. Never needed one before as all my vehicles had their own tuners.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:36 PM

find someone local that has HP Tuners and have them do it, most likely around 150 or so to have it done

Neal

Old 11-14-2019, 07:52 AM

Yep - as mentioned, you would need an EFILive or HP Tuners setup to do that sort of a modification to a tune. It can be done with one of the Diablo Sport devices as well but not by itself, you would still need a custom tune builder to make a custom tune made that tunes them out.

The Diablo devices are great for a simple tune and then you can get someone to remotely create a custom tune at a fairly reasonable cost. It makes a big difference in driveability, performance and shifting. I have a Diablo Intune as well as an EFILive now since I started messing with tunes myself a bit more now. For a custom tune on a Diablo device, Lewis - https://www.diablewtune.com/ is a good guy to work with. You can find older model (they still work perfectly fine) Diablo tuners on some of the GM truck forums (SilverasoSierra, Performancetrucks, etc) classifieds often for $200 or less.