PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Well..It's My Turn..I got Hit In The H2 Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Default Well..It's My Turn..I got Hit In The H2 Tonight

Coming back from Ventnor NJ abot 9:15 PM ...(Muddy's old stomping grounds) at Mill Rd and New Road I got Slammed..!!

I was sitting at the Red Light on Mill Rd waiting for the green. The light went green and I started across the intersection....I was about 98 % thru when this guy runs the light on New road and Nails me in the passenger side rear Bumper just behind the sheet metal.

It was like a "Pit Maneuver" used by the Police. The H2 Did a 180* turn and came to a stop facing the direction I had just come from.

As I was spinning around after being hit the side Air bag Curtains deployed on both sides front to back. No bags depolyed from the Pillars. Now here's the amazing part and I'm not making this up...........

As I was still spinning after being hit..ONSTAR COMES ON AND SAY'S.....MR RICHMAN, WE RECEIVED AN AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT INDICATER...HAVE YOU BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT?...LMAO........AFTER THE H2 CAME TO A STOP...I SAID YES.!!!.

They called the police and started the ball rolling. 2 min later the Police show up. It was dark and I don't remember what kind of car hit me... But the complete front end was crushed in. It left on a roll back. As I type this the H2 is on a Roll back...on the way to NuCar Chevy in New Castle Delaware.

Thier were 4 witness's to the crash. Two behind me and 2 on the corner. The guy that hit me got the ticket and the witness's filed Reports with the Police in My Favor. After the Crash the guy runs up to me and says..." The Light was Yellow and was stuck...duh..!!! Two people were traveling in the oppisite directiom from me saw the guy run the red light as they were stopped for it facing his direction.

I called GEICO and Filed the accident report and they will have the adjuster over there tomorrow morrning...GEICO was great!! They are handling the compete deal. Even already contacted Enterprize who I rent from with his Computer and got me a confirmation number for a rental.

This is all at 1:am to night. I took some cell phone pic's but they look like Du-Kee... So Here they are.

Oh yeah...I'm fine ..not a scratch thanks to GM and Fat Boy My HUMMER H2.. Man I love that rig... It saved my Butt tonight. Thier is no Body Damage that I can see. Except the rear passenger side plastic trim which is pushed in. It's the area next to the swing gate for the spare. I think that's all frame!!!! Might be some bent metal under that area and thats it....Totally F_ _ KED up his ride....

Name:  10-2.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  32.2 KB

Name:  08-2.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  28.1 KB

Name:  07-2.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  06-2.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  32.5 KB

Name:  05-1.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  23.1 KB

AREA WHERE FAT BOY WAS HIT..HARD TO SEE

Name:  02-2.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  28.9 KB

Last edited by Mark R; 08-26-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that.... I can't count the times an idiot ran those red lights.... and the times the idiots turned left in front of me when I was in the left lane.

I'm glad you are ok.... and for the most part the H2 is fine as well.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:12 AM

Glad to hear that you are OK Stumpy.
Idiots that drive like that is one more reason that I refuse to drive a tin can econobox vehicle. Think a Smart Car would have fared as well as your H2 ?
I'll drink a beer to you in the Hampton Inn parking lot on Friday afternoon.

Last edited by Bunger; 08-26-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:51 AM

Wow guess the H2 is a real safe truck! glad you are ok.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:53 AM

hate to hear that, glad you are ok!

Old 08-26-2011, 08:43 AM

Glad you're okay man!

Gonna make any upgrades now?

Old 08-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you are ok. H2s seem to do very well in crashes. Even the worst wrecks I know of involving H2 owners almost always have them walking away from the wreck relatively uninjured no matter what condition the truck was in.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:26 PM

Thanks Guy's... The H2 is at NuCar Inside the body shop for protection from the storm. GIECO's Adjuster emailed and called me at home and was very very nice. She won't be able to get to the dealer ship untill Tuesday as she is covering another area for another agent who is sick.

The Body Shop also called me from NuCar and told me they have the keys and Fatboy as I said inside High and dry. They work with GEICO all the time and Know the Agent very well.

They spoke very Highly of her and don't see any problems expiditing the claim. Hopefully thier is no behind the bumper major damage to slow up the repair. Although I doubt it since that is the rear frame horn that the tire carrier and Tow Loop is mounted on.

I just hope they don't have a prombem getting that gigantic Side curtain Airbag from GM.

Last edited by Mark R; 08-27-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:11 PM

Glad your alright. I'm still a H2 newbie what H2 years have side airbags?

Old 08-29-2011, 08:17 PM
WBZ

Glad you are OK and hope your H2 turns out to be OK as well. I only have one question, how do you not see an H2

Quick Reply: Well..It's My Turn..I got Hit In The H2 Tonight