PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leaks from ceiling above Front Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Default Water Leaks from ceiling above Front Windshield

I have a 2003 Hummer H2, and I have found a leak in the vehicle. It is running down the front windshield on the inside. I think it might be from the Marker lights, but how do you get those off to fix the seal. I heard they pop off, but it seems like it would break when I attempt to do so. Can anyone please advise. It rains a lot where I'm at and its actually sunny today. Thank you so much. oh, I have the adventure model, It doesn't have the moon roof.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:03 PM

Hi to remove the front middle 3 clearance lights go under the light and the weatherstriping on the side where the little slot is at the bottom with a thin piece of plastic or a small screw driver rapped in tape. Their is a release clip you push in on and the light will pop up.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:50 PM

Thank you so much, has been that way for a while now, just afraid it was going to break haha, I'll give it a go and tell you how it goes. Thanks again.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:43 PM

Hi also check the 2 corner clearance lights unscrew them and lift them up. You will see a rubber gommet under them that the wires go through some times water can get inside the truck around the outside of the gommet but usally the water is in the corners of the headliner or down the pillar. Just use some rtv on clearance lights gaskets and around the gommets that will fix the water problem.

Last edited by twr1; 11-08-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by BoneChief13
I have a 2003 Hummer H2, and I have found a leak in the vehicle. It is running down the front windshield on the inside. I think it might be from the Marker lights, but how do you get those off to fix the seal. I heard they pop off, but it seems like it would break when I attempt to do so. Can anyone please advise. It rains a lot where I'm at and its actually sunny today. Thank you so much. oh, I have the adventure model, It doesn't have the moon roof.
It’s common for the H2 to leak at the upper center three marker lamps. If there bumped or the foam seal dries out they can easily leak. You will need to replace them with new ones as they are not serviceable. Easy to do, just a small standard screwdriver is needed to do this. I you need any help with the removal and installation give us a call, one of our techs will help you out no problem...

Old 08-07-2011, 07:09 PM

also keep in mind that the star screws that are on the roofrack may cause a leak,just take them out and clean them but make sure to put the small o-ring gasket on the star screw,all h2 hummers have this..if the leak keeps going then take the roofrack off,under that you will see a seam,just put some silcone on the seam from front to rear.just a friendley reminder.