PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leak in my H2..

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Default Water leak in my H2..

I get out of work today & find water all over my dash ( raining hard all day) forward the dash ******* I recently installed recon smoked cab lights & think/hope that is where the water is coming from. My headliner is wet right at the left sun visor closest to the top overhead. When I got home I dried the top & removed the cab lights. Gonna silicone them later & cross my fingers. There is suppose to be a lot of rain tomorrow & don't want to ruin my headliner. :-( Anyone have any other thoughts...should I blow out my sunroof vents?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:32 PM

I had water getting onto my dash check the seals around the top of your doors that's where mine was leaving in. it was bypassing the seal and going into the handles in the front . I hope that helps.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by quicksilverz1
I had water getting onto my dash check the seals around the top of your doors that's where mine was leaving in. it was bypassing the seal and going into the handles in the front . I hope that helps.
Thanks for the reply. I'll check them anyways but I'm pretty confident it was the cab lights since the point of entry inside the truck is on the headliner basically under one of the cab lights. I just put silicone around all the cab light seals. I'll know tomorrow cause rain is in the forecast.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:21 PM

I hit a tree with my h2 and acutually broke the black silicone around my windshield nother possibility

Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 PM

There are three options that can be. you have the three small orange lights on the roof leaking into water. replace with good seal. the two large orange lights on each side is leaking water into the seal for the cables .. sealed with silicone. remove the protection of sitting at your windshield wipers on the right side sits a little protection for the fan to remove it and you see your drain hose from the roof extension on the hose so it will be farther from the inlet to the fan and close the lid, which you can remove to see the fan and you have a guaranteed dry car .. I've fixed all these errors and mine is 100 percent dry ..

Regards from sweden

Old 09-08-2011, 03:55 PM

Check the four roof lamp markers.
I had to put clear silicone sealant around them... it worked pretty good

Old 09-08-2011, 08:45 PM

I just sealed the rubber grommets on the corner lights yesterday. I vacuumed almost a half gallon of water from the floorboard from the leak. Now I have to deal with the mildew smell.
I installed some aftermarket clear markers on my last H2 and they leaked pretty bad around the overhead console. They were cheap markers and didn't seal well. They even had bad condensation in them.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:16 PM

I silicones all mu cab lights & so far so good...no water yet!