Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

water leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Question water leak

ok, i have a 2003, noticed that the windows were fogging up so that was interesting.... next day was vacuuming it and under the drivers mat was wet.
looked for leaks and couldnt find any, what or where could it have come from

Old 11-20-2011, 12:42 AM

checked the body underneath, everything looks good there. maybe coming from the lights uptop and running down??

Old 11-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Question

ideas, anyone??

Old 11-26-2011, 02:52 AM

Hi

There are many places it can leak into water in an h2. The three orange lights on the roof produce new gaskets. where the wires go down through the ceiling from the two outer orange lights clean and add silicone. the 2 rails are screwed into the ceiling, it will enter water through screws to clean and seal with silicone. replace with a new door molding. water into the side window drops down to the cables coming from the side mirror and follow the wires that are attached clip at the bottom of the door and water comes inside the door and the water coming from the door and end up inside the door molding. remove the cover that is attached to the windscreen wiper on the right side will drain from the roof down if you have it. where you will also see a gap that is the fan. Extend the hose from the roof so the water can not get down into the gap to the fan. seal gaps with silicone are you doing all these things and I guarantee you that you have a 100% water tight hummer h2 in the rest of your life. is there anything you do not understand so you will email me and I'll try to explain myself better and send you some photos ..

best regards jens
My email address is

hummer_h2@hotmail.se

Old 12-16-2011, 06:52 AM

Yup. Once I added a small beam or silicone around my front marker lights it solved this problem I had.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:35 PM

Dude, I' m not sure it solved the problem so much as it hasn't rained out there in Arizona since, what, 1984?

Old 12-17-2011, 09:23 AM

I know right. We did get that 1/4 inch last week. First time I really noticed was the car wash.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:24 PM

I just noticed my 07 H2 drivers side floor board is wet from a spray wash, drains appear open under marker lights ,but I will remove and seal with silicone( the light grommet) Door seals appear fine. where does the wiring harness come through the door post to interior? Just had windshield replaced could this cause problem? ant tricks there it was done by a pro company don't know if it leaked prior I haven't owned this long I hope I don't regret my purchase after reading some of the comments on this forum(my f 150 never leaked) any help would be great, thanks.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:28 AM

You won't regret your hummer. Just one of those things. I wouldn't trade mine. I have driven it through the lake, rockcrawl, even got it airborne and it still drives like new.

Old 08-21-2023, 05:08 AM
Default hummer water leak,

im gonna keep a copy of all you said to see if it can help me figure out why my hummer is getting RUINED,, i mean ruined with water coming from i dont know where, but i do know the carpets and pads need out so they can dry well and not make for rust or mold, and i dontknow how to get the carpet and pad out,,, this is awful, floorboards have puddles of water,

Originally Posted by REBREATHER
Hi

There are many places it can leak into water in an h2. The three orange lights on the roof produce new gaskets. where the wires go down through the ceiling from the two outer orange lights clean and add silicone. the 2 rails are screwed into the ceiling, it will enter water through screws to clean and seal with silicone. replace with a new door molding. water into the side window drops down to the cables coming from the side mirror and follow the wires that are attached clip at the bottom of the door and water comes inside the door and the water coming from the door and end up inside the door molding. remove the cover that is attached to the windscreen wiper on the right side will drain from the roof down if you have it. where you will also see a gap that is the fan. Extend the hose from the roof so the water can not get down into the gap to the fan. seal gaps with silicone are you doing all these things and I guarantee you that you have a 100% water tight hummer h2 in the rest of your life. is there anything you do not understand so you will email me and I'll try to explain myself better and send you some photos ..

best regards jens
My email address is

hummer_h2@hotmail.se