PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to install a factory nav system.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I'm not sure, they take the passlock off somehow. I'm going to call my local dealership and see if they will do it. I'd rather install the thing and just have the dealership do it but I've been reading that most won't. I'll update here when I get it.

I don't know much about passlock but if it is VIN matched I'm assuming the ebay guy would do that unless it is some type of generic bypass. I'll message him after I speak with my dealership.
what ever info you get please if you dont mind share it with us . the reason i ask abou the unlock its because some years ago i got my father a 6cd changer radio for his 04 impala that i think its allmost the same as the H2 6cd changer for that year and all we did was took the radio to a local guy here in houston he charged us 20 dollars and explain what he did was pull a smal chip from inside the radios board that stores the fm presets and also thats where the security code for the radio is stored so after that the radio was unlock for any vehicle but the only thing was we could not store any stations anymore , now i wonder if the same could be done to a nav unit .

Old 09-18-2014, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I'm not sure, they take the passlock off somehow. I'm going to call my local dealership and see if they will do it. I'd rather install the thing and just have the dealership do it but I've been reading that most won't. I'll update here when I get it.

I don't know much about passlock but if it is VIN matched I'm assuming the ebay guy would do that unless it is some type of generic bypass. I'll message him after I speak with my dealership.
I'd be interested as well. It cost me $106 at the dealer and took the guy about 4 minutes to do my eBay nav unit. I literally parked. Went to p, and when I came out they were writing me up.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:15 AM

That's ridiculous, they charge you an hour of shop time for a 4-minute job?!?!

I guess I would probably pay it also to know it was done correctly....

I'll keep you guys updated

Old 09-19-2014, 12:18 AM

yep. the procedure books an hour, so thats what they charge.
dealership is going to dealership. :-(

Old 09-22-2014, 06:57 PM

I'm still sold on a DVD Head unit with all the bells and whistles plus separate DVD's in the rear and I'll have to look into what features the privilege of a monthly charge for OnStar has over a alarm system and a NAV don't. I like being able to link the phone to my truck for Pandora, Netflix and the lot plus wifi for tablets and a laptop. lock and unlock start and set my alarm from any place in the world I can get a signal on my phone before I'll spend a grand on a replacing my stock unit with another stock unit.