PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Trying to install an airdoc on an 09, can't remove vacuum hose!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 06:31 AM
Question Trying to install an airdoc on an 09, can't remove vacuum hose!

Hey guys, me again! Am trying to install an airdoc i recently bought. Can't for the life of me work out how to pull off the small vacuum hose off the engine.
It's on so tight, and given that am clambering all over the engine anyway, am struggling for leverage.

Is there a special way to pull of the clip, i mean is there a fastener on it ? It's rotated round, so i can't quite see the head of the clip if that makes sense. I know i'm not able to just tug it off.

Any advice ? To remind this is on the 08-09 model (different instructions according to the airdoc manual).

thx

Old 01-26-2015, 09:34 AM

LoJac, Where are you! Lol! He's the Expert on the Air-Doc's, i think that's what he has on his! GL!

Old 01-26-2015, 08:27 PM

LOL I'm always here!

Unfortunately I have an 06 and pre 08/09's do not have the air hose. I would imagine it is a pinch type of clamp. Grab the ears of the clamp, squeeze them together and wiggle the clamp down. If you can get the clamp out of the way and still can't get the tube off then just use a box cutter or whatever you have and make a slit down the side of the tube to break it free.

However, why are you wanting to remove the hose at the engine side? For your year it connects to the AirDoc tube at the nipple??

Old 01-27-2015, 01:49 AM

According to the air doc installation sheet i got, it says remove at the engine. The other end of the tube looks like it's a fancy connector joined directly to the plastic seagull am trying to remove. The airdoc kit came with a replacement thin hose which looks to fit on the airdoc and connect on to the engine. At least how I am reading it...

Old 01-27-2015, 04:04 AM

I got ya. If that's the case just use a razor blade or whatever you have to make a slide down the side of the factory hose at the engine nipple and break the hose free. You won't be needing it anyway since the AirDoc came with a replacement.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:24 AM

I spent an hour on this bastard hose today and still can't work out how to twist and free it off the engine side. I mean i can see it's a twist and pull, but i got next to no room to work with as the injectors etc are there. I nearly took my dremel to it, but it's so close to all the wiring... i'm in a real bind. I can't believe this hose is all thats stopping me from getting it installed! unimpressed is an understatement!

Old 01-31-2015, 03:17 PM

Just found this, will give it another go tomorrow using these instructions.... http://www.magnacharger.com/images/m...structions.pdf

This is haunting me now

Old 01-31-2015, 05:47 PM

Can you try and cut the hose completely off right at the end of the metal line from the engine then try to shove a screwdriver under the hose-between the metal line and the hose to loosen it?

Old 01-31-2015, 05:47 PM

Another thought, maybe you could take a heat gun to it to soften the rubber then pull it off.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:44 AM

Success ! Finally... I see the error of my ways, i should have been more aggressive pulling off the rigid pipe off the old seagull first and then twisting it round. Got it off a few mins afterwards. Here are some pics, will pop out for a test drive soon. Hoping to avoild any CEL's....

Quick Reply: Trying to install an airdoc on an 09, can't remove vacuum hose!